Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Yohan we love ya and will miss you.

The ups:

- I think we can get a bigger fee for him now than the summer. His stock is absolute as high as it gets.

- We might be able to get a player thrown in.

- We won't have to see him play against us in the league.

- He was leaving in the summer anyway, with nothing left to play for now isn't that bad

- 20m at the end of last season after the way he played? I would have been happy with that.

- virtual 20m profit looking likely.. oh yeah we wont see much of that invested in the team will we.

The downs:

- He has been back to his best this year after a sorry season last year and is influential in our side.

- Debuchy meltdown incoming.

- The Derby is fucked

- We are unlikely to get anyone in to replace him

- He is a beautiful man and the forum mancrushometer will diminish to record lows.

After 40 year of being a season ticket holder since the age of 4, if Cabaye is sold and there are no replacements at the club within this window, then this person will not be going back until Ashley is out of this club  I'm sure there will be a few thousand who follow also. I will not be able to continue supporting a person who has no interest in the football club or its supporters. Having Pardew in charge and the total disregard of the fans in every way from under strength teams in cups to sponsorship deals; this will be the last straw in my books and I will return when the cancer has gone never to return.

I've wanted Will Hughes for a long time, love it if we got him. Sadly he'll probably end up somewhere like Liverpool.

Would be a fantastic addition, especially now when he has some time to bed into a side that's season is effectively over. Think we will definately make some plays for replacements if we get the cab move sorted today/tmrw. More likely however we go abroad then Will Hughes, which is too bad.

The biggest problem I have with his departure is the fact we won't sign anyone or "have the time to get them over the line" just like we saw with the Carroll transfer. We've still never really replaced him now, like for like.

The biggest problem I have with his departure is the fact we won't sign anyone or "have the time to get them over the line" just like we saw with the Carroll transfer. We've still never really replaced him now, like for like.

Totally agree and this will be the icing on the cake for me after all the other things. I love the club and the team but come Friday if no replacements are in for Cabaye (and by the way we should be signing players never mind if he leaves) then I can no longer support a crooked regime anymore.

He's playing tomorrow night apparently...

Aye and no one is leaving this window according to JFK (even though Jonas has already left)

I caught the very tail end of Pardew press conference on Sky just before 4pm, he mentioned a back injury and someone not playing tmrw night. They've not included it in their subsequent showings of the conference. Anyone know who he was talking about? I assumed it was Cabaye.

I caught the very tail end of Pardew press conference on Sky just before 4pm, he mentioned a back injury and someone not playing tmrw night. They've not included it in their subsequent showings of the conference. Anyone know who he was talking about? I assumed it was Cabaye.

Cisse

Cisse

Ta

Sell him for £25m, sign Will Hughes for £10m.

Everyone wins!!!

Couldn't think of anything worse

Sell cabaye sign no one?

Would rather wait until the summer than waste money on Hughes