Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We were NEVER going to sell him for that price and he had to know that, if they had made a fair offer I am sure we would have sold him.

As soon as he is on international duty we get these interviews, what was the last one? the Man U stuff I think.

Cabaye confirming what we all knew. As soon as there was some interest in him the club leaks it to all and sundry. I bet he didn't go on strike, rather the club wrapped him in cotton wool to avoid injury during a perceived bidding war.

We've seen this time and time again, Ashley and Kinnear are liars and always will br

Reckon both parties (club and player) engineered for the move but Ashley took the piss on Cabaye's valuation, the deal fell through and Cabaye was told to take the brunt or he wouldn't get the game time to go to the World Cup.

Cabaye confirming what we all knew. As soon as there was some interest in him the club leaks it to all and sundry. I bet he didn't go on strike, rather the club wrapped him in cotton wool to avoid injury during a perceived bidding war.

We've seen this time and time again, Ashley and Kinnear are liars and always will br

:thup:

Guest icemanblue

Why did he apologise then? Why did he also accept a fine?

World cup season.

No time for le sulk.

Hmm, not sure about that. Don't think anyone, let alone a Frenchman, would happily swallow that without comment.

Why did he apologise then? Why did he also accept a fine?

World cup season.

No time for le sulk.

I try not to be over cynical but just because Pardew said it doesn't mean it happened.

This :thup:

Obviously the club were hanging him out waiting for the right bid. He's probably p*ssed because they've spun it to make him look the c***.

The version I heard was that he was pulled from the squad before travelling to Man City and was told he was going to Arsenal.  Nothing happened between the clubs and he was told he was playing against West Ham and virtually told them to piss off.