Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

This is actually happening

Yep, medical in the next 48 hours

Getting his head examined

:boomboom:

Major facepalm if he's chosen Palace over Athletico Madrid.

He must be behind Schneiderlin by now, so I don't see how playing for Palace would help his Euro chances.

This is actually happening

Yep, medical in the next 48 hours

Getting his head examined

:boomboom:

Major facepalm if he's chosen Palace over Athletico Madrid.

He must be behind Schneiderlin by now, so I don't see how playing for Palace would help his Euro chances.

simeone is a demanding coach though, he'll get a 4 year paid holiday under pardle

Cabaye struggled to dictate games when he was here and it continued at PSG; remember the stats when Tiote used to have twice as much possession of the ball per game. I used to just blame Pardew and the coaches for this but I think maybe his inability to dribble or turn out of situations was a hinderance. He's a fantastic striker of the ball which makes him a great moments player (think of some of his passes and goals for us) but the last 2 years has shown he maybe isn't dynamic enough for the top level. He probably suits rigid Pardew-style teams in hindsight.

To be fair we've never recovered from his departure. Utter dogshit since he went.

Cabaye struggled to dictate games when he was here and it continued at PSG; remember the stats when Tiote used to have twice as much possession of the ball per game. I used to just blame Pardew and the coaches for this but I think maybe his inability to dribble or turn out of situations was a hinderance. He's a fantastic striker of the ball which makes him a great moments player (think of some of his passes and goals for us) but the last 2 years has shown he maybe isn't dynamic enough for the top level. He probably suits rigid Pardew-style teams in hindsight.

To be fair we've never recovered from his departure. Utter dogshit since he went.

which is largely down to pardew as opposed to losing him, we didn't have to be half as shit as we were

which is largely down to pardew as opposed to losing him, we didn't have to be half as shit as we were

Pardew was indeed shit.....

But he had so little respect for himself there was not a chance the players would respect him. We paid him peanuts and got a compliant yes monkey. The new manwill go the same way.

Pardew was indeed shit.....

But he had so little respect for himself there was not a chance the players would respect him. We paid him peanuts and got a compliant yes monkey. The new manwill go the same way.

The man was impossible to respect whether he was a yes man or not.  He's a sleazy coward with no coaching ability or tactical knowledge who somehow manages to have a ego the size of the titanic, not a good combination of characteristics.

Well said.

Aye, spot on. :thup:

The guy is absolute class. :lol:

He's a playmaker who needs to be given freedom to do his own thing though, hence why he fitted perfectly in a team built around him to do everything and anything creative, while he had headless dogs like Tiote mopping up behind.

He's a playmaker who needs to be given freedom to do his own thing though, hence why he fitted perfectly in a team built around him to do everything and anything creative, while he had headless dogs like Tiote mopping up behind.

That's not strictly true considering YoCabs was usually found sitting between the two centre halfs like. Tiote was regularly playing further forward. I believe in the Essien role.

He's gonna run the show when they play us, probably score two 25+ yard screamers and then he and Pardew will hug and celebrate while ginger Colback plods around with his hands on his hips looking glum.

That's not strictly true considering YoCabs was usually found sitting between the two centre halfs like. Tiote was regularly playing further forward. I believe in the Essien role.

See bolded. What I meant was everyone else filled the gaps around Yo.

He's gonna run the show when they play us, probably score two 25+ yard screamers and then he and Pardew will hug and celebrate while ginger Colback plods around with his hands on his hips looking glum.

:lol: So true.

I seem to remember a lot of games where we had the worse of the possession despite playing an extra midfielder so he could "run the show". He mostly ended up running behind Tiote and giving away fouls trying to play the defensive midfielder. Now we've got ginger Jack doing the same role.