Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Crystal Palace and Stoke are more abitious clubs than NUFC.  If anyone enters SJP this coming season they need their head examined.

You just have to say fair fucks to the cunt Pardew, he knows what a player Cabye is and why he left here, then got their owner to even have the balls to go and knock on PSG's door let alone sign him.

Yup, fair play to them. Lets see what our lot can now muster now.

Crystal Palace and Stoke are more abitious clubs than NUFC.  If anyone enters SJP this coming season they need their head examined.

You just have to say fair fucks to the cunt Pardew, he knows what a player Cabye is and why he left here, then got their owner to even have the balls to go and knock on PSG's door let alone sign him.

TBF, signing for us or either of those other two is effectively the same. Aye, they have more ambition in theory because they haven't actively said they don't want to compete. But in the final analysis we'll be a couple of points apart and the best players will look for a move elsewhere.

Guest palnese

So far Stoke have sold one of their best players and bought that German guy they had on loan last year, plus some random bloke from a Danish club. Ambition.

So far Stoke have sold one of their best players and bought that German guy they had on loan last year, plus some random bloke from a Danish club. Ambition.

And agreeing a £12m deal for a top class player like Shaqiri is a normal day at the office for Stoke.

Guest palnese

And agreeing a £12m deal for a top class player like Shaqiri is a normal day at the office for Stoke.

Means nowt if the player doesn't want to go there.

I think Cabaye was always rated a little too highly on here, same with Debuchy. I was never that bothered about him leaving, we got an alright deal, we could have and should have commanded more money from PSG but still I think we had him in his prime. He might have a good season with Palace with the Euro's coming next summer, after that though he'll be on the decline. This season is make or break for him, if he does well he will get one last tournament with France. In all honesty it's a massive gamble from Crystal Palace and a big price and no doubt a big chunk out of their wages. On balance it's not a chance I would take. I honestly think he'll be nothing special there, especially with Pardew as manger who will revert to bypassing him and the midfield with his long ball tactics soon enough.

3 years and then he will be off to MLS. He stands head and shoulders above anything they have at the moment, it's actually quite weird. I'm trying to think of a stranger transfer in terms of a player being so much better than the team he signed for. Especially of someone who would be considered in their prime.

Tevez to WH maybe?

I think Cabaye was always rated a little too highly on here, same with Debuchy. I was never that bothered about him leaving, we got an alright deal, we could have and should have commanded more money from PSG but still I think we had him in his prime. He might have a good season with Palace with the Euro's coming next summer, after that though he'll be on the decline. This season is make or break for him, if he does well he will get one last tournament with France. In all honesty it's a massive gamble from Crystal Palace and a big price and no doubt a big chunk out of their wages. On balance it's not a chance I would take. I honestly think he'll be nothing special there, especially with Pardew as manger who will revert to bypassing him and the midfield with his long ball tactics soon enough.

Proven Premier league quality under a manager who he played his best football under is not much of a gamble for me. It's a good signing for them as much as some will try and pretend it isn't.

3 years and then he will be off to MLS. He stands head and shoulders above anything they have at the moment, it's actually quite weird. I'm trying to think of a stranger transfer in terms of a player being so much better than the team he signed for. Especially of someone who would be considered in their prime.

Tevez to WH maybe?

Denilson to Real Betis? Lucas Barrios to whoever it was in China, and everyone who has ever chucked their career in and moved to Qatar etc.