Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It's an idiotic decision on his part if true like. Think he'll be surprised at quite how small a club it is. They've got some canny players now, mind.

:thup: Unless they have an abnormally good season I can't imagine the French management wanting a guy playing for a small club in the bottom half of the PL in their squad

An opportunity to secure regular playing time ahead of Euro 2016 in a team he is likely going to be one of the "star" players and stand out in. It is also based in London which is closer to one of his best mates. It would have been interesting to know which other teams were interested in signing him as well.

He is a good player and I would have welcomed him into our team, however if he has a good season I can see him looking for another move before he gets to 32/33 years old, especially if he does make it into the French squad.

It's an idiotic decision on his part if true like. Think he'll be surprised at quite how small a club it is. They've got some canny players now, mind.

I think there is the element of him wanting to be the "big" fish in a small pond - if he's seen as being the main, pivotal man in a team, then it would look boost his chances of making the first team with France. The logic in that is sound but playing for Pardew again is a risky move.

Wonder what the contract length is. He's clearly gone for the money and to be in London at the wife's instructions. It's not a footballing decision and it'll be interesting to see how he does, maybe not this season but next. We were never going to sign a 29 year old for big money with big money wages on top. He must be gutted with the way things have worked out career wise.

It so obviously will. I also expect "I've always played attacking teams" to be wolfed down like a fresh bag of chips.

"Front foot" will make an appearance.

Crystal Palace and Stoke are more abitious clubs than NUFC.  If anyone enters SJP this coming season they need their head examined.

You just have to say fair fucks to the cunt Pardew, he knows what a player Cabye is and why he left here, then got their owner to even have the balls to go and knock on PSG's door let alone sign him.