Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Hardly played in 18 months, lost his national place - hardly a top target for "big clubs" material really.

Was great whilst here but burnt his bridges IMO so could not care if he plays for rubber lips on anyone else for that matter. That said, be interesting to see his stance in a years time when he has been playing in a team on a 7 game loosing streak running up to the Euro's :) Fingers crossed!

Say what you like about the way our club is run, but we are at least a high profile club who end up on the telly a lot. Now he's gone to Palace, most likely the French will forget he even exists.

Or he genuinely likes Alan Pardew (??!)

certainly could have been a factor, already familiar with him and knows he'll have the team built around him with Pardew.

And he knows he will be hugely indulged by Pardew.  He will be dictating the show there.  Wonder if there will be any dressing room resentment if they are really paying the wages reported - which must be double of any of their other players.  There are not many French boys there who will hang off his every word like when he was here.

Or he genuinely likes Alan Pardew (??!)

certainly could have been a factor, already familiar with him and knows he'll have the team built around him with Pardew.

And he knows he will be hugely indulged by Pardew.  He will be dictating the show there.  Wonder if there will be any dressing room resentment if they are really paying the wages reported - which must be double of any of their other players.  There are not many French boys there who will hang off his every word like when he was here.

maybe by some but on the other hand he's a bloody fantastic player who will help them win more matchs which could put those kind of opinions to the side

Fantastic player. And a very good signing by Crystal Palace, no doubt about that.  Those of you downplaying his abilities really need to have another look in the mirror. He has proven himself in the EPL before. It is not a bad move for him. You can talk shit about Crystal Palace, but at least their amongst the other 18 teams in the EPL that's trying to aim above the bottom three. Quite the contrast to Ashley's Newcastle...

Fantastic player. And a very good signing by Crystal Palace, no doubt about that.  Those of you downplaying his abilities really need to have another look in the mirror. He has proven himself in the EPL before. It is not a bad move for him. You can talk shit about Crystal Palace, but at least their amongst the other 18 teams in the EPL that's trying to aim above the bottom three. Quite the contrast to Ashley's Newcastle...

It's not downplaying on my part, I said much the same when he was at Newcastle. There is an argument that he would look better in a side not led by Pardew, but that is now a moot point is it not? :lol:

Cabaye would be a good signing for any team in the Prem, a great signing for anyone outside the top 6. This is a fantastic signing for Palace. I've no doubt whatsoever they'll be finishing way above us.

Guest palnese

Cabaye would be a good signing for any team in the Prem, a great signing for anyone outside the top 6. This is a fantastic signing for Palace. I've no doubt whatsoever they'll be finishing way above us.

Pardew > McClaren?

I reckon we'll finish above them like.