Twitter nonsense

Thespence

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Personally find it funnier to laugh at the people he winds up than I do to get embarrassed for him like. Mad how much the people who seemingly can't stand him are just making him more and more popular. 

You also enjoy the Luke Edwards rigmarole also?

I mean, it's literally how that Adam is building his profile. Thankfully I keep my feelings confined to this forum.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

You also enjoy the Luke Edwards rigmarole also?

I mean, it's literally how that Adam is building his profile. Thankfully I keep my feelings confined to this forum.

Luke Edwards is supposed to be a professional journalist working for a reputable media outfit, so no. Not least because he's petty as fuck and can't stand any criticism against him. Whereas this Adam P is just some lad doing YouTube videos, who probably realised at some point that his numbers were going up when people started mocking him. Don't get me wrong like, I think he's shit and embarrassing, but the people who seemingly hate him and can't stop talking about him and retweeting him are taking themselves for mugs if their intention is for him to fade away. 

Yeah that's fair, poor comparison.

Nicest thing I can say about Adam is it's not for me. Steve wraith though, that actually is a 'celebrity fan' that I really don't like.

Hate gets clicks and interactions. People are thick enough to press ahead with it too and not realise they’re actually keeping them relevant.

TikTok is huge for that now. People literally making constant ‘own goals’ to attract hate comments and the general public not clicking on it’s intentional. 

It’s not just consigned to that either - TV has been doing it for years. Put someone in front of a camera with an alternative view and you’re onto a winner.

Fucking odd behaviour though right, to intentionally try to attract hate. I know it’s worked for Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins but it’s a strange attitude in life that getting clicks and people following you is more important than why they’re doing it. People are just fucking nuts 

Just now, gbandit said:

Fucking odd behaviour though right, to intentionally try to attract hate. I know it’s worked for Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins but it’s a strange attitude in life that getting clicks and people following you is more important than why they’re doing it. People are just fucking nuts 

If it pays the bills allowing you to do something you enjoy, it’s probably more clever than odd.

Mark Goldbridge another example. His online persona looks to have secured him a contract with TalkSport (which is literally a radio station built on alternative views for clicks). He posts a tweet about Newcastle the other day and people falling over themselves to interact with it :lol: 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pearson is cringeworthy, but he's harmless. Wraith is an absolute danger and has far too much pull on social media.

They are all danger nonces!

24 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

Think he’s harmless just doing something he enjoys. If you don’t like it don’t watch. 

I think it’s poor some of the stick he gets borderline bullying some of it. 

Genuinely can't believe how much he annoys people :lol:

He's just some harmless, slightly goofy kid. It's unbelievable man, my God, let the man live :lol: 

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Imagine you set up a YouTube channel. You do it earnestly and start gainining popularity, then people start more or less bullying you, but weirdly the more they bully you and get pissed off with you, the more popular you become.

You're now in a position where you can lean into the cringe and gain even more popularity while pissing off the people who hate you and have been bullying you in the process. That's basically what's happened, I think whatever opinion we might have on him playing up to it, it was inevitable given the incentive was there. 

He's harmless enough. Don't really have a problem with him.

He's also managing to amass himself a good number of followers / subscribers like. Fair play.

Like him or not, he's showing content that people obviously want to see, especially younger generations.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

He's harmless enough. Don't really have a problem with him.

He's also managing to amass himself a good number of followers / subscribers like. Fair play.

Like him or not, he's showing content that people obviously want to see, especially younger generations.

It’s called grooming!

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Fuck off man ? ... he's posting videos of football, training ground stuff, and the matchday experience. It's hardly offensive.

He’s offensive to me so he can fuck off, I’m just a sad, bitter, getting old, cantankerous, hates all social media shite stuff like this shit type of bloke mind…

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Personally find it funnier to laugh at the people he winds up than I do to get embarrassed for him like. Mad how much the people who seemingly can't stand him are just making him more and more popular. 

Had absolutely no idea who he was until I came back onto here and now I might as well know the kid's life story :lol:

7 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

If it pays the bills allowing you to do something you enjoy, it’s probably more clever than odd.

Mark Goldbridge another example. His online persona looks to have secured him a contract with TalkSport (which is literally a radio station built on alternative views for clicks). He posts a tweet about Newcastle the other day and people falling over themselves to interact with it :lol: 

At least Goldbridge is funny a lot of the time. His clearly scripted, but very good Partridge like takes and turn of phrase have me chuckling away.