Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I still have a feeling that if someone waves a fat contract worth thousands under his nose he'll be off.

He's happy here, Cisse has been brought in to play with him so thats a big factor and we may well re-negotiate his contract but I'm not naive in thinking that if someone comes in and offers him 70k ore more a week there's no chance he won't be off.

I still have a feeling that if someone waves a fat contract worth thousands under his nose he'll be off.

He's happy here, Cisse has been brought in to play with him so thats a big factor and we may well re-negotiate his contract but I'm not naive in thinking that if someone comes in and offers him 70k ore more a week there's no chance he won't be off.

I think we might offer him 70 grand a week

If he keeps scoring the way he does we should offer him both a higher basic plus a higher incentive bonus for every game he plays (taking knee into consideration).

Would have thought the team would renegotiate the bonuses for league placement next year as we whould be aiming for minimum top six...

who me?

http://www.masksz.com/images/leatherface-mask/leatherface-mask.jpg

Absolutely normal, I just have a slight desire to wear your handbag as a facemask....

Is that an awakening Dirk Kuyt??

who me?

http://www.masksz.com/images/leatherface-mask/leatherface-mask.jpg

Absolutely normal, I just have a slight desire to wear your handbag as a facemask....

Is that an awakening Dirk Kuyt??

Blimey Joe Kinnear looks a little worse for wear

Guest Howaythetoon

Another goal and although he looked off the pace for large periods he still had a good game. We'll struggle to keep a hold of him and I do wonder wether Cisse was bought so that we won't be left hanging when Demba Ba eventually gets sold. That's for the next transfer window though. I'm just glad we have him back.

Another goal and although he looked off the pace for large periods he still had a good game. We'll struggle to keep a hold of him and I do wonder wether Cisse was bought so that we won't be left hanging when Demba Ba eventually gets sold. That's for the next transfer window though. I'm just glad we have him back.

I would say buying Cisse means we're much much less likely to sell Ba.

Guest Howaythetoon

I would say buying Cisse means we're much much less likely to sell Ba.

I hope you are right and see why you'd think that. One thing I can say, we should be thankfull he's a Muslim because from my experience your true Muslims are very humble people who value community ahead of riches. Ba seems a humble guy. Me, if I were a 15 goal striker I'd be thinking I'm pretty fucking good, Ba will thank Allah for his goals not his own skills etc. Every goal he scores he's thanking God. He may have found his true place here. That said, we need to pay him what he's worth, and that coudl mean a huge pay rise.