Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

"What a stadium to play in." said Zubar, before popping out at half time to buy some sports merchandise at low low prices at Sports Direct.com' UK's Number one. doo doo doo doo doo doo.

Ba to sign contract on pitch before kick off tomorrow?

:lol: Imagine.

They'd be devastated.  :lol:

'Contracts for two of their best players but haha, it wasnt their goalscorer he's off in the summer so it doesn't matter what he does today....oh shit'

Ronaldo is talking bollocks, of course, it goes without saying - trying to superimpose his play from the last few games back over the course of the season.

He doesn't look 100% fit the last few games though, for sure. Doesn't look to be running as fluidly, and often see him hobbling a bit.

He's allowed to go through a rough patch (even if it isn't a fitness issue, I mean - although I think it is). The guy fucking carried us to sixth for the first half of the season.

Could go both ways from now on. Either the penalty affects him and his season tails off, or it spurs him on to keep up his good form and it doesn't affect him.

IMO i don't think it will affect him much, i reckon he's got a strong mindset, knows exactly the situation and will just push it out of his mind.

Not worried at all tbh, could easily have scored a hat-trick today. If he wasn't getting into the positions then I'd be concerned. Cisse was far less involved today.

Ronaldo is talking bollocks, of course, it goes without saying - trying to superimpose his play from the last few games back over the course of the season.

You what? I made exactly the same comment back in October. He fades badly, it's as simple as that.

He's struggling with Cisse at the moment - he shouldn't have taken the penalty

Should have been Shola's

Think he needs to start, then have Cisse come on for him, play 442 in some games not all. Mix it up a bit and let them find their partnership naturally rather than force it upon them.

him and cisse looks like a partnership that will need a bit of work on the training ground. cisse's stuck up top, presumably because his sprightly, busy nature enables him to play on the shoulder, but he just ends up fighting for long balls and holding it up with his back to goal. Ba has more of the presence needed to do that. instead we see Ba dropping back and heading out wide, whereas i'd prefer to see him in the box. let cisse, who is quick and bright when he roams, take up those positions instead.

the partnership also needs more than our lot launching it up to them and hoping the ball falls favourably in good areas, what's usually called 'percentage football'.

Not one of his best games today but having the ball launched towards his chest instead of to his feet was always going to be a detriment to his play like. Got to say though, I'm not worried about Ba whatsoever. He'll be fine.

On another note, the Cissé-Ba partnership will click in time like, it still needs to develop and that can properly happen if we play it on the deck with a lot of passing and movement. This will get the best out of them, long balls for one to chest down to the other simply won't work most of the time.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Not one of his best games today but having the ball launched towards his chest instead of to his feet was always going to be a detriment to his play like. Not worried about Ba whatsoever. On another note, the Cissé-Ba partnership will click in time like, it still needs to develop and that can properly happen if we play it on the deck with a lot of passing and movement. This will get the best out of them, long balls for one to chest down to the other simply won't work most of the time.

Agree with this. Think it would help if the midfield were a bit higher, because as it is, Ba is having to come deeper and deeper to retrieve the ball and is taking himself out the game by doing so.