Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Does anyone here think he'll be offered a new contract before the season is out? Or will the club just leave it as it is for the time being?

I think if they get 7 mil for him they will take it. Add another 7 mil and you can buy a decent player. We ought to have a horrible summer selling him will be one of the reasons for it.

7 mill and take it? Are you taking the piss? The only way we would, would be if there was a definite release clause and we'd have no choice. No way are we selling Ba for 7 mill unless we have to. no one knows the exact details of the release clause but let's just say that it's all been a fabrication (why I don't believe it has), we wouldn't sell him for less than £16 mill

Does anyone here think he'll be offered a new contract before the season is out? Or will the club just leave it as it is for the time being?

Now would be the perfect time to offer him a contract, say sorry for missing the pen ;)

Now would be the perfect time to offer him a contract, say sorry for missing the pen ;)

Ah the good old guilt trip

:D

“I don’t think that’s something to worry about too much because Demba has made it pretty clear that he loves the football club here.

He has got a great rapport with the fans – they love him to bits and we are hoping that’s going to be a big enough pull for him to stay and prolong his career here.

I think it’s important for Demba that we get European football. When you get to this level, that’s what you are going to find, players want to play in Europe”.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/alan-pardew-demba-ba-is-going-nowhere/

"Player wants successful end to season and to get into European competition" isn't eye catching enough.  "Toon Ultimatum: Europe or I'm off. [subtitle]Demba Ba lays down challenge to toon top brass"

Yeah, Pardew said that in his press conference yesterday. He just said that to keep players like Demba we really need to be pushing for the European spaces.

Which is probably true to be fair. Even Colo said it after he signed his new contract.

Well Demba, you love the club and the fans - f***ing get back to scoring s*** loads of goals and drive us to Europe - you are one of the handful that got us this far, now lets finish the job! 3 at Arsenal please.

Yeah, Pardew said that in his press conference yesterday. He just said that to keep players like Demba we really need to be pushing for the European spaces.

Which is probably true to be fair. Even Colo said it after he signed his new contract.

I don't think Coloccini would have signed a 4-year deal if he wasn't convinced we were going places in the next few years.

Was really surprised that he didn't take on Sagna when he was one on one with him in the second half. Was expecting him to just power past him and place the ball in past Szczesny. Hopefully back up top with Cisse on Sunday.

Was really surprised that he didn't take on Sagna when he was one on one with him in the second half. Was expecting him to just power past him and place the ball in past Szczesny. Hopefully back up top with Cisse on Sunday.

Think he was just knackered. Sagna is a decent athlete.

Was way too tired, you could see it on his face seconds later. Worked his socks off, I thought. (Which he probably wouldn't have had we given him some proper service.)

Guest neesy111

was poor 2nd half.  Did very little.  Lack of fitness is not a viable excuse....he been in poor form last 5 games

Considering we've been playing hoofball for those 5 games is it a surprise?

was poor 2nd half.  Did very little.  Lack of fitness is not a viable excuse....he been in poor form last 5 games

Considering we've been playing hoofball for those 5 games is it a surprise?

didn't against the mackems, did against wolves, didn't have the ball enough v spurs to do it, didn't against villa, did at balckburn.