Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Considering nobody was willing to pay £7m, it seems very unlikely we'd sell for less. :thup:

The only other thing to bear in mind however is that there may have been other clauses bundled in with this one that turned clubs off anyway, doesn't mean they won't come back.

It wasn't club's coming in that worried me though, that can happen with any player. It was the fact we had no power over it, he could have left for 7m ( supposedly) and we could have done nothing about it.

Now the clause has expired we actually have a degree of a control over any Ba transfer and that makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

Considering nobody was willing to pay £7m, it seems very unlikely we'd sell for less. :thup:

The only other thing to bear in mind however is that there may have been other clauses bundled in with this one that turned clubs off anyway, doesn't mean they won't come back.

It wasn't club's coming in that worried me though, that can happen with any player. It was the fact we had no power over it, he could have left for 7m ( supposedly) and we could have done nothing about it.

Now the clause has expired we actually have a degree of a control over any Ba transfer and that makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

Spot on  O0

Aye, assuming the reports are correct... ;) :thup:

Wonder if we'll now move to renegotiate his contract btw?

Guest Brendan_Rice

Carroll has a £17 million price tag, Ba had a £7 million buy out Clause, are West Ham f*cking thick or was there more to the clause than we knew about

Aye, assuming the reports are correct... ;) :thup:

Wonder if we'll now move to renegotiate his contract btw?

No reason for us to. Renegotiating before today could have gotten rid of that clause. Now it's gone anyway, there's no point in us upping his wages for no gain to us.

Steve Brenner of the Sun reckons the buyout clause still exists, but it's now £15m. :lol:

Nothing to worry about really even if it's true. If people wasn't going to pay 7m then i doubt they would pay 15m.

What kind of money do you reckon he's on?

According to reports i'm pretty sure it's around 35k basic wage with performance based bonuses.

Steve Brenner of the Sun reckons the buyout clause still exists, but it's now £15m. :lol:

Nothing to worry about really even if it's true. If people wasn't going to pay 7m then i doubt they would pay 15m.

What kind of money do you reckon he's on?

According to reports i'm pretty sure it's around 35k basic wage with performance based bonuses.

:notbad:

It'll be interesting to see what this was all about someday. Even if it was limited to CL teams I can't imagine one of them wouldn't have ponied up 7M units of monetary currency of whatever variety. Of course, maybe he just didn't want to leave.