Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He's been shooting from long-range lately yes, but I'm not sure it is because he's ignoring Cisse.

He's always been greedy but he seems especially reluctant to give it to Cisse.

Looked to me that Cisse was more reluctant to give it to Ba, actually.

Academic now though.

Thanks for the good times Demba.

The manner in which he's leaving is a bit shitty like (that is, doing interview after interview about him possibly leaving) - it's going to sour the relationship between the fans and himself imo.

Thanks for the good times Demba.

The manner in which he's leaving is a bit shitty like (that is, doing interview after interview about him possibly leaving) - it's going to sour the relationship between the fans and himself imo.

Agree with that. After we had that c*nt Michael Owen, calling Ba the "ultimate mercenary" is bollocks of the highest order. Ba cost us very little. Our bit of the fee in will presumably cover what we paid to his agents, and he was on an incentivised contract so he will have earned a good chunk of the wages he received by scoring goals. He's been a fine player and helped us to an elevated position in the league that has since been pissed away by questionable tactics and ultimately the shoestring approach with which the club is being run. The problem isn't Demba Ba wanting a payday from a CL challenging club that he's earned with his ability. The problem is bringing on Nile Ranger in the first game without him. Debuchy coming in now looks like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. Simply staying up has to be objective #1 now, but that mightn't be enough to keep the other players who played the biggest part in us finishing fifth. Thirty five fucking million in and some epic scouting and this is all we have to show for it.

As an impact sub (statistics suggest bringing on a big man is more effective than a skilful one when you're chasing the game) or plan B from the off, he could do a good job for Chelsea. We'll also get to see how his first touch and link-up play look in a team with Mata, Oscar, and Hazard.

I just hope he's wise enough to say what he likes about Ashley or Pardew but doesn't slag the fans that sang his name.

some right numpties trying to start chants in the Strawberry corner last night

"dembas been greedy since ramadan" ... etc etc

:facepalm:

As far as i'm concerned we got him on a free, he came in scored a load of goals, get's a big offer from Chelsea and leaves down to the clause which we agreed to in the first place, find it hard to hold it against him tbh.

on the other hand, I hope his knee pops

dont know if you heard the good news?

`Good news Newcastle fans. Mike Ashley has just announced that for 3.99 they can have the word "stard" added to their Demba Ba shirts.`

the fat controller strikes again

Tbf he must be a b****** to handle with all those greedy crocodiles behind him. Having him out of the way must be like removing a gun that's been pointed at Mike and Dekka's head for one and a half years.

He forced his way out of Hoffenhiem to West Ham, at West Ham he made sure he had a relegation release clause, at us he made sure he had a release clause if anyone doing better than us came in, I firmly believe that he will have a release clause at Chelsea if they fail to get into the CL, or fail to win a trophy.

He forced his way out of Hoffenhiem to West Ham, at West Ham he made sure he had a relegation release clause, at us he made sure he had a release clause if anyone doing better than us came in, I firmly believe that he will have a release clause at Chelsea if they fail to get into the CL, or fail to win a trophy.

I doubt it. He forced his way out of all said clubs precisely so he could make this "dream" move. Massive wages on a decent length contract is exactly what he's been looking for.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No chance

He hasn't been on anywhere near the reported £70k-£90k he will be getting at Chelsea