Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Preferred Remy personally. Him & Ba together could have been immense.

I think Ba was actually a better all round player. He could do the target man role better, and he seemed to find loads of ways of scoring goals. That volley from the long ball against Man U for example.

Remy has more pace, but better technique? I don't see it. His touch was quite clumsy at times, and Ba was better in the air. But it's just quibbling I agree, I'd have either back as well.

Ba should be re-signed for his Ramadan song alone.

You know you're good when you've not 1 but 2 songs and they're both canny.

Demba's scored 10 since Ramadan, and?

Demba, Demba Ba, Demba Ba, Demba, Demba Ba

Na Na Na Na Na etc.

Guest firetotheworks

He really wasn't that good like. Remy was easily a cut above him in just about everything he did.

Remy and Ba would be a lethal combination. Remy is the far better all-around footballer and was really good anywhere around the pitch. Ba was far more clinical and could score insane goals really out of no where.

He really wasn't that good like. Remy was easily a cut above him in just about everything he did.

Remy was the better player in most ways, Ba was just the better goal scorer IMO.  I mean both were excellent goal scorers but I think Ba edged it.  Just seemed to have this knack of getting the ball in the net, even if it wasn't pretty he'd find a way.

Ba had a number of shin clanging goals too :lol: he had a few for us and hell even that Chelsea one in the CL was just ugly as sin :lol:

But then he goes off and destroys Rio Ferdinand twice :lol:

Ba also had some classy and smart finishes. Sticking it below Howard when the lob was the obvious move. Goal against Spurs when we beat them 2-1 on the opening day of the season. Man Utd volley. Freekick against Stoke. Some classy movement for his goal against Norwich.

Scored a sweet overhead kick-like goal against City for Chelsea.

Overall he just had more types of goals in his arsenal than Remy. Remy is a better dribbler and likes to get involved in the general build-up more when he's up front. But Ba is the better goalscorer and for me - the best we've had since Shearer.

Ba also seemed to score big goals.

Why are we still talking about this person? Let him go to China. Let him rot.

For someone who's still talking about Amy's tits you are the last one who should be lecturing.

Guest firetotheworks

He also quite often couldn't control a ball for shite and wasn't someone dynamic enough to build an effective team around. I thought he was good, don't get me wrong, but he was no Remy, not in any department. Best since Shearer ffs, if you believe that then it shows how shit we've been rather than how good he was.

I just think he was more of an out and out goalscorer than Remy, whose touch was pretty ragged as well at times. Ba scored with left foot, right foot and his head. Then there was that free kick he bent in against Stoke IIRC. Remy was more of a wide forward, or at least that's how he played for us. In any case, both of them were bought by Chelsea so it's a moot point. They obviously had enough going for them to be considered CL material.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno what planet you are all on where you reckon Ba is a better goalscorer than Remy like. Beats me.