Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Both Dembas back, for those asking. The venerable @danking11 just confirmed they're at training today - as expected #nufc

Wooop :D

2 more days before we see Ba back in action and hopefully Cissé in action for the first time :frantic:

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Both Dembas back, for those asking. The venerable @danking11 just confirmed they're at training today - as expected #nufc

Demba one

Demba two

We've got more Dembas than you

With a nicknackpattywack they will get a goal

Geordie boys from Senegal

Wheeey  :frantic:

Love this! :clap:

Demba Ba: "It Feels Like I'm At Home"

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Demba Ba walked back through the doors of Newcastle United's training ground and declared: "It feels like I'm at home."

Magpies talisman Ba, who has scored 15 top flight goals this season, had been away with the Senegal national team for almost a month as they competed in the African Cup of Nations, but came back to Tyneside this week following their group stage exit.

It was a disappointing showing from the Lions of Teranga, who had gone into the tournament with high hopes but lost all three of their matches in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.

But, as he gave his first interview since his return exclusively to nufc.co.uk, Ba revealed how he plans to make up for that hurt by carrying on where he left off with Alan Pardew's side.

"It was great to be back with the team," said the 26-year-old who signed off with a goal in his last appearance in the 3-0 win over Manchester United.

"It's been a while, and I'm very happy to be here. Now that I'm back I just have to forget about the African Cup of Nations and concentrate on the league with Newcastle.

"I got a very nice welcome from everybody at the training ground, all the players and staff. They were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them as well.

"It feels like I'm at home.

"It's nice to be welcomed like that by the lads, and it was good to see them again. We had a great training session on Friday and I'd love to play a part against Aston Villa on Sunday. "

Despite the absence of their leading goalscorer, United have continued to pick up points and climbed up to fifth with their midweek victory at Blackburn Rovers.

Ba knows that might mean he has to wait patiently to get back into the team, but he is delighted that his team-mates were able to manage without him for the last five matches.

"I wasn't surprised," he said. "They've done well since I've been away, and I knew they would.

"Just being without one or two players doesn't make a good team bad. I'm just happy that the results have been good, and now I'm hoping that continues."

Not only are Newcastle now boosted by the return of Ba, but they're also able to welcome his international colleague Papiss Cisse.

The January signing from Freiburg was also in African Cup of Nations action, but is now available and could make his debut against Villa this weekend.

And Ba believes he will prove to be a big hit with the Toon Army.

He said: "I was very pleased when we signed him - I think he's going to be a very good player for Newcastle.

"He knows how to score goals, and he's proved that throughout his career.

"I would love the chance to play with him. I've played with him for country and I like playing with Papiss - he's a magnificent striker. I hope we're going to have a good player."

First things first, however, and Ba is just looking forward to once again running out at the Sports Direct Arena in front of his adoring public.

"I can't wait to do that," he smiled. "I've missed everything about the place; the atmosphere, the fans all shouting - I love that.

"And I hope it's going to continue like that on Sunday."

Demba Ba walked back through the doors of Newcastle United's training ground and declared: "It feels like I'm at home."

Magpies talisman Ba, who has scored 15 top flight goals this season, had been away with the Senegal national team for almost a month as they competed in the African Cup of Nations, but came back to Tyneside this week following their group stage exit.

It was a disappointing showing from the Lions of Teranga, who had gone into the tournament with high hopes but lost all three of their matches in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.

But, as he gave his first interview since his return exclusively to nufc.co.uk, Ba revealed how he plans to make up for that hurt by carrying on where he left off with Alan Pardew's side.

"It was great to be back with the team," said the 26-year-old who signed off with a goal in his last appearance in the 3-0 win over Manchester United.

"It's been a while, and I'm very happy to be here. Now that I'm back I just have to forget about the African Cup of Nations and concentrate on the league with Newcastle.

"I got a very nice welcome from everybody at the training ground, all the players and staff. They were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them as well.

"It's nice to be welcomed like that by the lads, and it was good to see them again. We had a great training session on Friday and I'd love to play a part against Aston Villa on Sunday. "

Despite the absence of their leading goalscorer, United have continued to pick up points and climbed up to fifth with their midweek victory at Blackburn Rovers.

Ba knows that might mean he has to wait patiently to get back into the team, but he is delighted that his team-mates were able to manage without him for the last five matches.

"I wasn't surprised," he said. "They've done well since I've been away, and I knew they would.

"Just being without one or two players doesn't make a good team bad. I'm just happy that the results have been good, and now I'm hoping that continues."

Not only are Newcastle now boosted by the return of Ba, but they're also able to welcome his international colleague Papiss Cisse.

The January signing from Freiburg was also in African Cup of Nations action, but is now available and could make his debut against Villa this weekend.

He said: "I was very pleased when we signed him - I think he's going to be a very good player for Newcastle.

"I would love the chance to play with him. I've played with him for country and I like playing with Papiss - he's a magnificent striker. I hope we're going to have a good player."

First things first, however, and Ba is just looking forward to once again running out at the Sports Direct Arena in front of his adoring public.

"I can't wait to do that," he smiled. "I've missed everything about the place; the atmosphere, the fans all shouting - I love that.

:love:

:yao:

I hope he only has to wait patiently until Sunday, after the last 2 games Cisse should also start as he could hardly be less effective than whoever he replaces.

:aww:

Glad to have him back!

Wonder if he'll now be deployed in a deeper role. He's shown quite some talent at creating chances and making space - in addition to getting on the end of things. Will Demba2 be the new goalscorer?

Exciting times. I'm very very excited by the prospect of Cisse being ridiculously lethal :lol:

[Note: To those who would say I'm delusional/have built him up etc, I didn't say anything about 'expecting' :)]

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/138141493.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588C64084F245E8FEC5ACD40F1F93B21AFA51894D02D05AA998

Demba seems to love being here too. 5th place in the league, playing with his mate......now is definitely the time to get that contract sorted out.

He probably came here expecting to be playing for a team who were sitting mid table, I doubt that he has to leave here to realise his ambitions.  It's up to the club to make sure that his contract matches his importance to the team and what he has and can give us on a regular basis.

We have a wage structure which we will not be able to maintain if we are to go forward as a club because we'll hopefully bring in better players and those we already have will continue to grow as players. A wage structure is great because I don't want another Alan Smith, Michael Owen etc.  Having said that, it goes both ways and we should pay players what they are worth, no more or no less.

I hope he only has to wait patiently until Sunday, after the last 2 games Cisse should also start as he could hardly be less effective than whoever he replaces.

This is it like, Pardew talked about how he's experienced so he'll be used to the pressure etc. Start him then.