Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest BooBoo

I have an inkling that Pards may consider Shola for Wednesday. Just a hunch, as Demba is out of sorts to say the least.

Was excellent last week

no he wasn't.

i think he was. An integral part of a top performance by the team

cabaye was excellent, as was tiote, ben arfa very good, ba came in with a 'decent'

He only seems to have the stamina for 70 minutes. Keeping him on hoping he'll get a goal doesn't help him. Maybe he needs to be benched and come on as a sub in the last 30 minutes in the next game? We'll have to use the squad more next season so our players will have to get used to not starting every game.

*Prove me wrong Demba and score a winner against Chelsea!

He definitely looks fatigued to me, I was watching the Man United game yesterday and he was in such good condition compared to what he is now. He was quick across ground, strong, able to turn quickly and change his body shape- just a great physical specimen. He needs a good rest and if he stays, we should get the old Demba back for August!If we had a genuine good winger to come in (it's a shame it looks as though Marveaux won't play this season) I'd consider putting Ben Arfa behind Cisse for the game at Stamford Bridge.

I'd be interested to see how many miles he covers, how much his levels drop in the second half of games, and how much they've dropped since Feb.

Just think it's mainly natural fitness problems, but the new formation is obviously playing a part too. He looked like an absolute superstar as a second striker with Best doing the donkey work.

Been turboshite for 10 games now. Proper turboshite.

That simply isn't true.

Nah, it's not. He's been contributing pretty well, he just isn't the same player that p*ssed all over the league from October to January.

No chance anyone will pay £7m for him in this form, not a CL club, not a chance.

Really? He's not scored in 11 games, but he's already proven he can score lots of goals in this league. I don't buy this logic that players' valuations can fluctuate by about £10m over a third of a season, unless Liverpool are buying of course.

That simply isn't true.

Nah, it's not. He's been contributing pretty well, he just isn't the same player that p*ssed all over the league from October to January.

He's been putting in good shifts while not scoring, but today was his worst performance of the season for me.

I'd stick with him and write off today as a poor team performance. He was poor today but despite the lack of goals he has played well recently and been part of a system that won us 6 games in a row. I'd rather stick with that system and show faith in the player than panic and change everything at this stage. Ameobi seems to offer more fresh from the bench and Best hasn't played in ages so I'd rather keep faith in Ba. He needs to do more running both to find space and to chase down defenders than he did today, though.

We do need the ability to switch things up otherwise teams will figure out how to stop us, but when you look at our bench and consider we only have 3 games left, I'd prefer to stick with a system that has worked. With Ameobi and Obertan now coming back we at least have height and pace options to bring off the bench even if both are limited players.

That simply isn't true.

He's been putting in good shifts while not scoring, but today was his worst performance of the season for me.

Today and the Bolton game.

Poor form, sorry but he's a goalscorer not scoring, three international tournements in a year, Ramadan, insurance issues due to he knee, he's not really the catch he was in the winter window. he looks fuked, playing with no energy for about 6 games now and really he hasn't played loads this season. Not for a club who has euro competition as well.

£7m, really doubt anyone will pay it, theyll go nowhere near him till after the oylimpics, and that finishes in august, by then teams not desperate will have made other plans.

Just needs to score/relax. He's clearly a confidence player, which is undoubtedly a big criticism in itself and imo it's a tad unacceptable that he's managed to get to the stage where even controlling a football is a major struggle, but at the same time let's not write someone off who was clearly a class act only a few months ago. Once he gets a goal and/or some confidence back he could easily be a £20m striker again. Bit like Diego Forlan. Either that or he's basically an Andy Carroll we didn't manage to sell at the right time (during the height of a purple patch).

Poor form, sorry but he's a goalscorer not scoring, three international tournements in a year, Ramadan, insurance issues due to he knee, he's not really the catch he was in the winter window. he looks fuked, playing with no energy for about 6 games now and really he hasn't played loads this season. Not for a club who has euro competition as well.

£7m, really doubt anyone will pay it, theyll go nowhere near him till after the oylimpics, and that finishes in august, by then teams not desperate will have made other plans.

I'd be very, very surprised if he leaves now, like.

I can't believe some of the over reaction in this thread.  Demba Ba has played well this season and he's one of the main reasons that we are where we are. 

Things didn't work for him today, the same thing could be said of just about every single player who started for us.  He hasn't scored for a while but he's been one of the reasons that we've done well since his return from Africa because he's been asked to play a different roll and apart from not scoring he's carried out that roll well.