Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I've figured it out.  Demba is reportedly on low base wage but highly incentivised with appearance and goal bonuses, so his goals were getting expensive Ashley told Pardew to play him as a winger and save the money  :frantic:

No, Del boy has stated in a recent interview that the club no longer offer goal incentives for strikers because all Obafemi Martins wanted to do was score form teh halfway line.

I can't believe some of the over reaction in this thread.  Demba Ba has played well this season and he's one of the main reasons that we are where we are. 

Things didn't work for him today, the same thing could be said of just about every single player who started for us.  He hasn't scored for a while but he's been one of the reasons that we've done well since his return from Africa because he's been asked to play a different roll and apart from not scoring he's carried out that roll well.

:thup:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Shame he didn't score from that corner like but he was much better.

I do feel sorry for him, it's easy to forget how magnificent he was in the opening 20 matches for us. Cisse's second tonight reminded me of Demba's free kick against West Brom, oozing confidence and a striker in his peak. Much improved tonight from the original Demba though, good performance.

Great shift tonight.

He will score another goal before the season's over, I'm confident about that but I did say he would get to 19 this season, don't think that'll happen now. If he scores (the winner) on Sunday, the atmosphere will be epic.

Another game without scoring, he must be getting a bit narked now like - hitting the bar and he had 2 good shots well saved by Cech - but as long as the team wins it's all pretty much irrelevant, but he deserves a few more for what he's done for us this season. He's getting closer after a barren spell so get your money on a hat-trick against City. :lol:

Would love for Demba to hit a winner against Man City, clearly needs a goal and will be a big weight of his shoulders, thankfully his pal has made the weight more bearable.

He looked better but not as good as earlier in the season. Still not reading his teamates as well as he used to. Put in a strong performance though. Used his body well.

He was unlucky not to score yesterday and was a nuisance.

Getting a little worried about his general play at times though. We move the ball forward pretty quickly when we attack these days and I can't help but feel like he's the last person I want on the ball whilst we're going forward. Maybe it's confidence/form but his passing often seems slow and laboured, and his decision making seems strange at times or takes too long to actually make a decision. Maybe he's thinking about things too much as he needs a goal.

Quotes from the Sun.

He revealed: “Nobody has said they are not counting on being without me next season.

“The rumours about me leaving have no basis.

“I have never said I want to leave. I love the Newcastle fans.

“Since the day I arrived they have shown me nothing but support, so why would I walk away from that?”