Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'm not bothered that Ba's not scoring. He's been playing in a deeper position anyway, and providing the team is (usually) scoring and winning that's all that counts.

What bothers me is that he's looked ordinary at best in that new role. It doesn't seem to suit him. The idea that he just needs to get a goal and then his form will recover seems to me a complete misinterpretation of his current problems.

Lol wut he played bad today but apart from a 15 minute spell were Cisse could have had a hatrick every one did.....

He was the reason come to turn of the year we even had the platform to be in this position.... ok he has'nt scored but how many games did Aguero stop scoring before Tevez come back? how many games is it since RVP has'nt scored from open play?

And besides today and Bolton aside he has played well all season long, yes he's low on confidence since missing that pen against scum but more often than that he's played well practically all season whether its out wide or as the central figure.

There's much bigger issues to argue about from today's game than Demba freaking Ba ffs.

Really think we're overcomplicating this, like. He'll be back to somewhere near his best next season post-Ramadan.

We just have to accept that he doesn't have the legs to play this much Premier League football.

I can't think of many bigger issues to discuss then Demba Ba's performance in the Demba Ba thread like...

Yh good point lol, it's just the whole Demba Ba has been shit since the New Year has ticked me off a little and quite frankly is BS.

Also its not like he hasnt performed on the left...... West Brom, Liverpool and Stoke he played very well there.....

I'm not bothered that Ba's not scoring. He's been playing in a deeper position anyway, and providing the team is (usually) scoring and winning that's all that counts.

What bothers me is that he's looked ordinary at best in that new role. It doesn't seem to suit him. The idea that he just needs to get a goal and then his form will recover seems to me a complete misinterpretation of his current problems.

I don't think it's a role that is suitable for him long-term. He hasn't got that much stamina. Think he's done a good job generally, but again, don't think it utilises his strengths for the team. Would like to see him and Papisto both a bit more central, or at least with more interchangeability.

He has the legs to play a full season in a 4-4-2 but his new role is a lot more demanding fitness wise, I am sure come next season he will be more adapted to it and his fitness levels will be up to it too.

No chance anyone will pay £7m for him in this form, not a CL club, not a chance.

Really? He's not scored in 11 games, but he's already proven he can score lots of goals in this league. I don't buy this logic that players' valuations can fluctuate by about £10m over a third of a season, unless Liverpool are buying of course.

and the goals have dried up since his role changed. many would think, put him back in that role and the goals will return.

I don't think it's a role that is suitable for him long-term. He hasn't got that much stamina. Think he's done a good job generally, but again, don't think it utilises his strengths for the team. Would like to see him and Papisto both a bit more central, or at least with more interchangeability.

That's going to be quite difficult and not get completely over run in midfield everyweek unless we changed to a City style 4-2-2-2.....

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

Tiote Jonas

Cabaye Ben Arfa

Cisse Ba

Obviously we would need to replace Simpson and quite frankly theres too much reworking going on here..... i think the system we have now is as close as we are going to get to playing everyone in positions that suit them.

If Ba wants to stay he's going to have play from the left and hopefully in time the front 3 will understand their roles more and allow for my interchanging and movement so Ba is'nt hanging out on the wing all game.

I mean Ben Arfa seems to drift inside alot but he always gets back into his position when we lose the ball but its a position he has played for many many years and he definitely understands it and you can see that.

Ba seems to have less experience in the role and it doesnt come as natural to me, hopefully in time he will adapt to the role and be less restricted in his movements.

Because i cant see us going to a 2 striker system, as it forces Cabaye and Ben Arfa too deep and we get outnumbered in midfield.

This is the best option with the players we have i feel, it must seem nice to have Ba and Cisse centrally but i dont think its for the best interests of the team.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love to see Hollett or Moses in that role

He should be kept as he can be rotated in Europe with Cisse

Whoever thinks this lad has been turboshite for more than two games this season is way off. Across the season he's been one of our best players. He'll go on a scoring run again but probs not pre-Jan style

Guest ToonZA

I can't believe some of the over reaction in this thread.  Demba Ba has played well this season and he's one of the main reasons that we are where we are. 

Things didn't work for him today, the same thing could be said of just about every single player who started for us.  He hasn't scored for a while but he's been one of the reasons that we've done well since his return from Africa because he's been asked to play a different roll and apart from not scoring he's carried out that roll well.

:thup:

I can't believe some of the over reaction in this thread.  Demba Ba has played well this season and he's one of the main reasons that we are where we are. 

Things didn't work for him today, the same thing could be said of just about every single player who started for us.  He hasn't scored for a while but he's been one of the reasons that we've done well since his return from Africa because he's been asked to play a different roll and apart from not scoring he's carried out that roll well.

:thup:

Guest je85

I've figured it out.  Demba is reportedly on low base wage but highly incentivised with appearance and goal bonuses, so his goals were getting expensive Ashley told Pardew to play him as a winger and save the money  :frantic: