Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

40k wage limit?

Are you going to question me with a personal agenda, post sarcastic replies with emoticons when I make a mistake and shut up and disappear when I prove myself right for every single one of my posts?

Thought there was a general consensus here that there is infact a wage limit in place as reported in a lot of papers even though the board has been willing to bend that rule for certain players.

He did that one, Jaehyun.

the wage limit talk is utter cack. do you think we'd truned down a very good bosman because we don't want to break our wage limit but would buy someone for millions only just under the limit ?

we'll pay what we feel we can afford and what we feel players are worth.

the wage limit talk is utter cack. do you think we'd truned down a very good bosman because we don't want to break our wage limit but would buy someone for millions only just under the limit ?

Do you think Ba and Marveaux are on 50k or above?

Do you think Ba and Marveaux are on 50k or above?

haven't got a clue. more to the point  do you think  we would actually spend more overall, which we may well have to by paying a transfer fee aswell as wages as opposed to slightly higher wages for a free.

Guest Eggenberger

There'll be a structure. For example, I think we'd happily pay Debuchy £50-60k a week

Not a chance in the realms of asmodeus.

does anyone think if messi said "i fancy a season in the prem before going off to russia for megabucks but want to go to a club that need me as they haven't won anything for ages and i want 70k" we'd say sorry no can do, our wage limit is 50k.

we will have an idea of a finite set of funds we have to use but like household bills things can be jiggled about stretch things in some areas if needed.

does anyone think if messi said "i fancy a season in the prem before going off to russia for megabucks but want to go to a club that need me as they haven't won anything for ages and i want 70k" we'd say sorry no can do, our wage limit is 50k.

:lol:

:lol:

ridculous example granted but answer it.

I don't have to answer anything as I don't particularly believe either way. (re wage limit) All I mentioned is that I heard of a 50k limit.

Mind you, I accept your point that we're most likely flexible about it.

We probably a have a flexible wage limit, which is really not much different from everybody else. (Bar one or two)