Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Composure.

That's the word for me that sums up his cameo appearance. Came on, didn't panic, looked up and played what he saw.

I really like the look of Marveaux. He looks like he has a lot of quality and I think he will be far better on the right than Obertan at the moment. I feel sorry for Obertan, but he needs to grow some balls and try something. He looks comfortable on the ball and has pace and skill, but he hesitates and doesn't have that killer instinct to try something attacking when in the final third, whether it be a cross, shot or just a forward pass. When he does try it's clear he isn't confident and it ends up being a bad ball. Most of the time he ends up turning around and playing the simple backwards pass which is not what you want from your winger.

More game time for Marveaux please.  :aww:

Not only a gifted player but he's got the footballing brain to go with it.

From his limited game time I'd still pick him over Obertan, and Barton for that matter.

Sorry to break the news, but Barton is at Q.P.R.

I appreciate this is a stupid comment given the the limited glimpses we've so far seen (and you tube), but I think once he gets in he will quickly be seen as the best player in the team. Seems to have it all. Goals, crosses, passes, dribbling and all played with a cool calm persona.

Literally cant wait.

He has the ability to play RW, but I feel he'd be much more effective as an LW given his attributes.

Just let him and Jonas rotate wings during the match. He also seems quite good at finding space for himself and floating between positions. So we've got the potential to have quite a fluid attack.

He has the ability to play RW, but I feel he'd be much more effective as an LW given his attributes.

Just let him and Jonas rotate wings during the match. He also seems quite good at finding space for himself and floating between positions. So we've got the potential to have quite a fluid attack.

Not a bad idea actually.

I like the idea of him playing LW better than RW, but Jonas is better at defending and Raylor would be pretty screwed with Marveaux in front of him.

Been thinking for a while that a front (mid) 3 of Jonas, Arfa & Marv would have licence to interchange all day. In front a lone striker, behind Cabaye and Tiote.

Watching the Wigan highlights again last night, some of the interplay between Ben Arfa and Cabaye, and Marveaux when he came on, it's just so exciting to think how our play may develop as the season goes on. It almost feels as though our season is just starting, in terms of potential on the pitch. There's such a great platform to build on now, I reckon we're going to become a really exciting team to watch.

Watching the Wigan highlights again last night, some of the interplay between Ben Arfa and Cabaye, and Marveaux when he came on, it's just so exciting to think how our play may develop as the season goes on. It almost feels as though our season is just starting, in terms of potential on the pitch. There's such a great platform to build on now, I reckon we're going to become a really exciting team to watch.

It's what many of our fans missed on Saturday. It seems to have gone over their heads almost as much as the ball was flying over Cabaye's head before we brought Hatem on for one of the big men and started to play football. As for Marveaux, it will be interesting to see him in a wide position but I think he'd be pretty tasty in a free role in front of the midfield as an alternative to HBA as well.

Yeah assuming once he comes into the team on a regular basis he'll really add something. Apart from Obertan's pace and some glimpses in the Blackburn game at home we've been pretty impotent down the right in general. Simpson is a decent defender but pretty poor going forward. Marveaux should help to change this.

He did ok last night. Cut inside a lot and ran from the middle. An intelligent passer of the ball. For me he'll be better off having Santon behind him. We could cause team problems with him cutting in and Santon running out wide