Blaise Matuidi

Skeletor

Ashley is cashing in on our best players, and replacing them French surrender-monkeys who will shrivel when the going gets tough. If he's horrified at the thought of signing French players I can't imagine how he'd take to us bringing in a Swiss.  :laugh:

People will say his worries are legimitimate, but just for some balance the guy's also a massive racist too.  :undecided:

think this probably accurately sums up the views of a lot of our fans!! :lol:

For what it's worth, a few french sites have articles up over the last day or so saying that he'd prefer to stay in France.

He said this last week:

"I am flatered by the interest from clubs abroad, and I have always loved the Premier League," he said.

"It is the best league in the world, so exicting, and I really want to be part of that one day, however St Etienne has its say about that."

THE agent for Newcastle's top transfer targets Blaise Matuidi and Mevult Erding has hinted that they would be interested in a move to St James' Park.

French super agent Pierre Frelot represents Paris Saint Germain striker Erding and St Etienne’s highly-rated Matuidi – both high on the Toon transfer radar.

And while he will not go into specifics about the deals being lined up to bring the pair to Tyneside, he reckons that Newcastle’s sky-high reputation over the Channel makes United an appealing prospect to France’s top talents.

Newcastle have already brokered deals for international midfielder Yohan Cabaye and winger Sylvain Marveaux but know that the fees being demanded for Erding and Matuidi make them more complicated transfers.

There is also serious interest from elsewhere in the pair, with Roma, Arsenal and Tottenham in the hunt for them.

Asked whether St James’ Park would hold appeal even though Newcastle can not offer European football next season, Frelot said: “Any player in France would love to come to Newcastle – they are an absolutely fantastic club.

“All the French lads who go to Newcastle are really enthusiastic about the club and the football public in the North East too.

“Newcastle has a place in the hearts of French football. Great players like Laurent Robert and David Ginola have played there and enjoyed it and the supporters loved them too.

“Of course any French player would be interested in Newcastle.”

Having already recruited three new faces, United will hope to step up their efforts to bolster their squad later this week.

After a short break over the weekend, boss Alan Pardew is back in the country and set to meet top club officials today, and moves for £10.5m-rated Erding and £13m Matuidi will be high on the agenda.

United have not gone as far as tabling an offer for either as yet, but enquiries have been made.

He will also be looking for reassurances on the future of his top players. The club do not want to sell Fabricio Coloccini, despite Seville’s interest, and Pardew is understood to be keen to find a resolution to the long-running Jose Enrique saga.

Meanwhile, defender Neil Taylor’s move to Newcastle is still to be confirmed.

The player was in Tyneside for most of last week and had told the club he was returning to Swansea to inform the Premier League new-boys of his intention to move to the North East.

The move was expected to completed on Monday, but now club insiders say it is unlikely to be rubber-stamped today. Everton have been credited with an interest in the Wales international.

Guest Roger Kint

Asked whether St James’ Park would hold appeal even though Newcastle can not offer European football next season, Frelot said: “Any player in France would love to come to Newcastle – they are an absolutely fantastic club.

Interesting part considering how badly we looked there a few years back

Guest Antec

Hopefully same agent should make things easier to tie the deals up. Fingers crossed.

Get Ben Arfa on the case, deal done

That is one gash kit by the way:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jun2011/2/0/blaise-matuidi-586798059.jpg

I love it and the home one too. The revolution gives me an excuse to buy these fuckers. :)

Asked whether St James’ Park would hold appeal even though Newcastle can not offer European football next season, Frelot said: “Any player in France would love to come to Newcastle – they are an absolutely fantastic club."

Interesting part considering how badly we looked there a few years back

Hope Martin Samuel doesn't read that, he'll choke on his hog sandwich.

Guest Antec

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/jun2011/2/0/blaise-matuidi-586798059.jpg

http://www.mrbens-fancydress.com/bmz_cache/5/5686792c772d0d369d81defdaebde80e.image.300x400.jpg

Haw hee haw

I love it and the home one too. The revolution gives me an excuse to buy these fuckers. :)

Definitely getting that away one, it's formidable.

Newcastle have already brokered deals for international midfielder Yohan Cabaye and winger Sylvain Marveaux but know that the fees being demanded for Erding and Matuidi make them more complicated transfers.

really, i'd have thought the fees made the deals relatively simple tbh