Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

2 things no 1 why would a swiss guy have a british agent esp since he's playing in germany

no 2 the moment anyone uses 40k a week as ridiculous they lose all sympathy from me no matter how good the rest of the argument is

I think the picture of who this guy actually is and to what extent he represents Barnetta's actual view is pretty unclear at the moment.

All of this is merely dancing around the real issue: we have an owner who clearly is not prepared or willing to make any effort in furthering this football club, and obviously would sell it in a heartbeat to someone offering him the amount he has put in. The only debate following on from that is: a) accept that and carry on b) rail against it.

Mark Douglas is insinuating the bloke isn't even his agent

So what, some guy has rang up Sky sports and told them he's his agent and says we have offered him less money and Sky sports have went right on ahead and reported it?

Whats the number for Sky sports?, I'm going to ring up say I'm Messi's agent and that he will be signing for Cardiff or some other shitty team in the next few days.

I think that

a) The offer is fair and a good starting position

b) I assume we have agreed a fee for the player which is positive

c) The agent is a mong for coming out in the press with his comments- Barnetta is not far off those wages, and a negotiation is exactlly that - you start - you negotiate - you come to an agreement. For the agent to talk down on Newcastle like that doesnt win him any friends either

I think that

c) The agent is a mong for coming out in the press with his comments- Barnetta is not far off those wages, and a negotiation is exactlly that - you start - you negotiate - you come to an agreement. For the agent to talk down on Newcastle like that doesnt win him any friends either

Hope you're right, I can't decide whether this reasonable opinion is correct or whether Ashley will just spit the dummy out and give up on Barnetta straight away.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So what, some guy has rang up Sky sports and told them he's his agent and says we have offered him less money and Sky sports have went right on ahead and reported it?

Whats the number for Sky sports?, I'm going to ring up say I'm Messi's agent and that he will be signing for Cardiff or some other shitty team in the next few days.

This is SSN you're talking about. They'd report owt for it be FIRST FAST NOW! Sure they've been fooled before.

Like we did for Owen, Duff, Geremi etc etc.

Don't get me wrong - offering less than someone is on is stupid.  But we shouldn't pay whatever a player asks for and should be within our wage structure.

Is Hughesy an anagram for Derek?

I suppose I shouldn't bite - but seriously - is that the best you've got?

Look at your post, you use 3 s*** examples to make a point, 3 players out of the hundreds who have arrived at the club under the same circumstances and haven't flopped.

I think that

Hope you're right, I can't decide whether this reasonable opinion is correct or whether Ashley will just spit the dummy out and give up on Barnetta straight away.

My bet is on the latter, he will just tell him to fuck off as nicely as he can, and go to target X and Z

Edwards too, wouldn't surprise me since all agents are attention seeking pricks

If its not his agent, how does he know about the offer?

I could be way off here but from the information we have it sounds like Leverkusen gave us permission to speak to him, we've held positive talks with him and one of his agents and this bloke unhappy with being cut out the loop has stuck his orr in the water.

I'm remaining optimistic this will still go through.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I could be way off here but from the information we have it sounds like Leverkusen gave us permission to speak to him, we've held positive talks with him and one of his agents and this bloke unhappy with being cut out the loop has stuck his orr in the water.

:thup:

Me too.

According to swiss media he's on 1.6 Million EUR a year...

That's about £26k per week at current exchange rates.

Sounds like his agent is getting mixed up with 40k Euro's and £40k.

It's more like €30k per week though.  Sounds like his agent is full of shit.

:thup:

Me too.

Same really, certainly wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Hopefully if we really want him the transfer will go through.

I would really rather this kind of shit didn't come out in the first place. Unless this bloke is some kind of schizo and Skysports have bought a total cock and bull story, it doesn't look good.