Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

All this talk about him being allowed to go on loan aswell because they can't afford him? just fuck right off! how bad can the personal problems be if he is willing to play for another team somewhere else.

Guess we will know for sure if he plays on saturday because if he has said this then there is no way he should be allowed to captain Newcastle United if his hearts not in it.

if it's true it is more of a blow in the fact that to me it shows that the dressing room is losing it , last season they were a team aiming for the sky as high as they could reach as a team, now they are in a scrap and with nothing to fight for ... [/pessimistic]

Guest firetotheworks

Btw, no way in absolute hell will Ashley let him leave without the price being right. San Lorenzo don't have the money to offer a substantial transfer fee. I don't think it will happen.

That's true... we won't let him go cheap. If he wants to shaft us by leaving, there's no reason to be sentimental and make it easy for him.

Shay Given went pretty easily.

All this talk about him being allowed to go on loan aswell because they can't afford him? just fuck right off! how bad can the personal problems be if he is willing to play for another team somewhere else.

Guess we will know for sure if he plays on saturday because if he has said this then there is no way he should be allowed to captain Newcastle United if his hearts not in it.

There is literally no chance he won't play.

if it's true it is more of a blow in the fact that to me it shows that the dressing room is losing it lost, last season they were a team aiming for the sky as high as they could reach as a team, now they are in a scrap and with nothing to fight for ... [/pessimistic]

FYP.

Colo is usually a great man, so something drastic has happened to make this situation irreparable. I don't want to believe this but something has majorly gone wrong at this club, something massive :(

This.

There's far too much negative shite coming out of the club for this to be a one-off. We're in fucking freefall.

Btw, no way in absolute hell will Ashley let him leave without the price being right. San Lorenzo don't have the money to offer a substantial transfer fee. I don't think it will happen.

Only way it happens is if Colo buys out his contract and if he does that in the middle of a relegation battle i will lose all respect for him.

Unless he comes to an agreement with the board I don't think he can, article 17 only allows you to do that 2 years into a contract when you're over 28. He signed a new deal in March. If he was to do that currently it'd cost him £10m+, he'll be rich but that's a hell of a lot of money.

---

Ah man, I'll be a fucking broken man if he leaves. Already quizzed @martinhardyindy on what the source is, too much conjecture/2nd hand info for my liking although he has ran a story with Pardew today too.

Sucks if it's true, but I can't blame him.

Why? Because we have had some bad results? He is the captain and the best paid player. He needs to be stronger than that.

The guy has been alone back there pretty much since Bassong left. Between constantly injured Taylor and Williamson? If he wants out, it's a big loss, but I can't hate the guy.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Surely if he was wanting to leave because of something wrong at the club then he would be willing to move anywhere, not just San Lorenzo.

if it's true it is more of a blow in the fact that to me it shows that the dressing room is losing it lost, last season they were a team aiming for the sky as high as they could reach as a team, now they are in a scrap and with nothing to fight for ... [/pessimistic]

FYP.

:thup: This story has fucking rocked me :scared:

Its got to be £6m at least, if colo wants out he can put in half, while the SA can cover the other half.

I'd think Ashley may even want more than that, we're certainly not going to say oh poor colo, you want to go, for free? Course you can darling, there's the door ill have a private jet ready for you, good luck out there you little scamp.

Hopefully he takes Jonas with him if he does go.

That's true... we won't let him go cheap. If he wants to shaft us by leaving, there's no reason to be sentimental and make it easy for him.

“You guys don’t ­understand how fucking ­horrible we can be”

Only way it happens is if Colo buys out his contract and if he does that in the middle of a relegation battle i will lose all respect for him.

Unless he comes to an agreement with the board I don't think he can, article 17 only allows you to do that 2 years into a contract when you're over 28. He signed a new deal in March. If he was to do that currently it'd cost him £10m+, he'll be rich but that's a hell of a lot of money.

---

Ah man, I'll be a f***ing broken man if he leaves.

Yeah i knew it would cost a lot but wasn't sure on the exact numbers and yeah me as well :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Fwiw, I think it's pretty obvious that we will not get anyone of the ability of Coloccini for the pittance that we're likely to try and pay. It would be nothing short of tragic if he were to leave and would give a pretty clear indication of the direction that we're now heading in. 6 months ago we had the opportunity to go in the exact opposite direction and, as usual, we were let down.