Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I still don't understand what has changed though that we would just release him from his contract.

That the club thinks him staying would be a disruptive influence and he'd not put in decent performances in the future of we keep him against his will? That the club may be compassionate if his reason to want away is legitimate family issues?

It all depends on if he'll still play to his best on the pitch regardless of whether he wants to be there I guess.

I still don't understand what has changed though that we would just release him from his contract.

That the club thinks him staying would be a disruptive influence and he'd not put in decent performances in the future of we keep him against his will? That the club may be compassionate if his reason to want away is legitimate family issues?

It all depends on if he'll still play to his best on the pitch regardless of whether he wants to be there I guess.

I get all of that but the entire situation still remains the same, we are expected to just release a contracted player, our Captain a hugely important player. Not selling him or being compensated just a pat on the back and good luck.

We're currently committed to a long, heft contract for his wages. I would imagine the two parties will come to some agreement.

He's off home whatever happens. Best defender we've had in decades and should get a proper goodbye next week. Then it's time to move on.

Yep. Fucking love the man and wish him all the best.

Guest neesy111

Class Act.  This man has saved us from relegation.  Be nice to see him play for one last time next week.

I want tickets to the Arsenal game just to say goodbye to him :(

I had some harsh words for him in January but he's kept us up and he's a God amongst men. If he goes, survival was his parting gift and we'll always be grateful for that.

When Mapou came coupled with Colo wanting to go back, some were saying that we've got a replacement already. Maybe Mapou will improve next season, but right now there's very few defenders in the league who commands the back line as calmly as he does. We're gonna miss Colo bad.

With the players we have, and it looks like Colo will not be here next season. This season we really missed a trick. Wigan and Swansea fucking won cups with lesser squads. With a competent manager we may have.

With the players we have, and it looks like Colo will not be here next season. This season we really missed a trick. Wigan and Swansea fucking won cups with lesser squads. With a competent manager we may have.

:(