Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Massive statement of intent tbh. There is no way we are going to sell him for big money and there is no way his wages are going to be low.

This is a big sign that those in charge actually care about how we do and it's not just about buying young players to sell for a profit.

So many positives from this news. f***ing ecstatic!

That's how I see it as well. It looks like now we have our finances on a solid footing we are investing the money back into quality on the pitch. Colo is already an icon and for us to have secured a player of his stature on what must be substantial wages is a clear message that we are moving into the big league.

How far are we into the five year plan btw? :lol:

That's a point actually when did the 5 year plan start? when we got promoted or when Pardew became manager or when Ashley took over?

I am confused lol.

Great news. Speaks to the continuity of the team and the settled nature of the club. We had player's leaving because things were too "up in the air". To have a key player like Colo settle in sends a great message.

Massive statement of intent tbh. There is no way we are going to sell him for big money and there is no way his wages are going to be low.

This is a big sign that those in charge actually care about how we do and it's not just about buying young players to sell for a profit.

So many positives from this news. Fucking ecstatic!

Fack off PK

Hope you're right, because they care fuck all  for tradition.

Not sure what PK is :lol:

Aye the name change and putting that shit all over the stadium is a massive downer but at least they are showing some much needed ambition on the football side. Could have quite easily let Colo leave and sign someone on a free for half the wages in the summer.

Giving him a new contract can only be for football reasons which is very reassuring, it doesn't mean they won't flog players when silly bids come in but at least there is intent shown and they aren't just running us as a football players sport shop.

So many positives from this news. f***ing ecstatic!

That's how I see it as well. It looks like now we have our finances on a solid footing we are investing the money back into quality on the pitch. Colo is already an icon and for us to have secured a player of his stature on what must be substantial wages is a clear message that we are moving into the big league.

How far are we into the five year plan btw? :lol:

That's a point actually when did the 5 year plan start? when we got promoted or when Pardew became manager or when Ashley took over?

I am confused lol.

think we're on the 2nd attempt at a 5 year plan and it began when Ashley took us off the market while in the champ

Just got in to hear this brilliant news. Fantastic boost all round, and before the derby - the whole place including the players, will be buzzing.

Just great. Excellent feel good factor for the run-in.

Credit to the club here for both deals, perhaps there is a plan after all!  Its very encouraging anyway.

So, for the summer , do we reckon 1 more CB is enough, with this news?

Aye, although we shouldn't just be looking for someone to cover Saylor and Colo. We need someone who'll be challenging Taylor to partner Colo, especially considering Taylor's fitness record plus the fact there's still a possibility we may have some extra games on the continent next year.

Chelsea are bloody useless and we should be without doubt aiming to finish above them this season.

I agree, plus being from London naturally i have lots of mates who are Chelsea fans..... so i can troll the f*ck outta them.

On the CB discussion i agree one more Quality CB would be enough, Mbwia, Vertonghen or Douglas would be awesome.

Guest palnese

The Argentina defender signed a contract which makes him United’s top earner on around £70,000 a year, bringing a long set of negotiations to a satisfactory end.

Well done Dekka.