Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He's really, really slow. Pretty much his only weakness.

Teams that look to take advantage of that have been successful on occasion.

Cannot play a high line

His undoings this year Johnson and Long have really highlighted this

Do we really want to offer a lucrative 5 year contract to a player who is only going to get slower (tin hat)

I could not disagree more.

With all the genuine dross we have had to put up with over the years and the fertile ground for critisism that brings with it,

I find it incredible that people choose to direct their critisism toward one of the few truly class acts we have left.

Cannot play a high line

Do we really want to offer a lucrative 5 year contract to a player who is only going to get slower (tin hat)

I could not disagree more.

With all the genuine dross we have had to put up with over the years and the fertile ground for critisism that brings with it,

I find it incredible that people choose to direct their critisism toward one of the few truly class acts we have left.

:thup:

Cannot play a high line

Obvious trolling.

Cannot play a high line

Hmm that makes no sense.  If a players game is based on pace then you worry about them slowing down.  Coloccini is class despite lacking pace..

All this talk of getting rid of Colo is just ridiculous, he has been our best player all season, and been world class for several seasons. Just because he's had a few bad games, doesn't mean we should get rid of him.

He can go on for years with his reading of the game. Look at David Weir, ancient when Everton finished 4th and about 40 when he got to a Uefa Cup final.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I like Colo but his weaknesses are getting shown up, particularly West Brom, Fulham and against previously strong quick athletic types

I am all for his extention just think it will get highlighted more and more. He needs his partner to have his athletic deficiencies

Guest bimpy474

I like Colo but his weaknesses are getting shown up, particularly West Brom, Fulham and against previously strong quick athletic types

I am all for his extention just think it will get highlighted more and more. He needs his partner to have his athletic deficiencies

Or it could be said that when we play teams with pace we dont hold such a high line, and give them the chance to get run in behind as we did against Fulham and West Brom.

Pardew got it tactically wrong against Fulham, once Johnson came on and they pushed forward we should have dropped back to stop any space in behind us, then played on the break, instead we still tried to close them down high up the pitch (badly too) giving them acres to run in behind us. Pace wasn't as much as an issue as is being made out, there will always be fast forwards that will run away from your defenders,  you deal with them by denying them space, which we failed to do.

He's been shown up about 3-4 times in about 3 years. Yesterday was a freak 20 minutes, forget about it.

He's been shown up about 3-4 times in about 3 years. Yesterday was a freak 20 minutes, forget about it.

Bt itl git wuurrsseee!!!!!!!1111

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon he wants to stay. Think he knows he's one of the top CB's in the league and feels he should be on similar pay. Don't think he'll set out to bankrupt us though.

Anyone know who his agent is? Is he not represented by a member of family?