Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Woodgate was so class its crazy. Better defender than Colo, but Colo is much more likeable because of his hair.

Also his bones are made of bone and his muscles are made of muscles,  Woodgate imo was some crazy genetic project to create the best CB in the world, maybe worked when he was fit for us, they screwed up on the bone and muscle generation imo.

Not going to compare Colo with Woodgate. What I would say is the Woodgate is by far the best CB I've seen up here and had the potential to be a great. Better than Rio, Terry or any English CB you could think of in his generation.

Pace, power, anticipation, composure, timing; Woody had he lot.

Still, Colo has proven very reliable and fully deserves the award especially given his first season here.

Anybody that doesn't have Gyan and Richardson as their top two candidates does not understand football. Sadly the days of an impartial media in our part of the country are long gone as the magedia take hold. Until Quinn starts banning journalists who pen anti-SAFC bile the situation will continue. Tiote offers nothing that Colback doesn't and Colochinni makes a massive mistake every second game he plays.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=632747&page=2#ixzz1ZT15Ui2G

I love this troll :lol:

Anybody that doesn't have Gyan and Richardson as their top two candidates does not understand football. Sadly the days of an impartial media in our part of the country are long gone as the magedia take hold. Until Quinn starts banning journalists who pen anti-SAFC bile the situation will continue. Tiote offers nothing that Colback doesn't and Colochinni makes a massive mistake every second game he plays.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=632747&page=2#ixzz1ZT15Ui2G

Thats the funniest thing I've ever read for a long time.

Absolute spackers.

:spit: :spit: :spit:

Guest Roger Kint

Partizan.

I honestly can't remember.

The entire match is on a popular video site 'Newcastle vs Partizan 0:1, Cela utakmica, 27.08.2003. ' if you want to remember it at the 54min point of the video

Guest Howaythetoon

Woodgate was the better defender but Colo is the better footballer. Overall, Colo just edges it for me and I was of the opinion that during his first season, he was a heartless fuck-up of a defender. The transformation has been huge and for me he is the best overall defender I've seen in a Toon shirt.

Guest Howaythetoon

If he were at Man Utd or Chelsea, he'd be considered a £20m plus defender or world-class. I regarded Carvalho as a better CB than Terry and I now rate Colo higher than the Portugiese man. For me he is the best all-round centre-back in the League. Boy can he defend but equally and if not more so, can the man play.

If he were at Man Utd or Chelsea, he'd be considered a £20m plus defender or world-class. I regarded Carvalho as a better CB than Terry and I now rate Colo higher than the Portugiese man. For me he is the best all-round centre-back in the League. Boy can he defend but equally and if not more so, can the man play.

Wouldn't go that far but I know what you're getting at.

I find it amusing that this thread has been bumped forward in time so the first page starts when Colo's been made captain. Quite handy for history revisionists I suppose :lol:

Ronaldo rated him from the start from what I can remember. There were probably one or two others.