Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Is getting an increase every season then?  I swear it was widely reported he earned £60k a week when he first signed, now rumoured to be on £90k a week.

Might just be the normal thing that fans and media do. A few years ago it was trendy to claim players were earning 60k, now it's 90 or 110. Doubt if anyone in public really knows.

And even if they did, both wages are as crazy as each other.

Is getting an increase every season then?  I swear it was widely reported he earned £60k a week when he first signed, now rumoured to be on £90k a week.

Might just be the normal thing that fans and media do. A few years ago it was trendy to claim players were earning 60k, now it's 90 or 110. Doubt if anyone in public really knows.

And even if they did, both wages are as crazy as each other.

Not unusual to have a ratchet in there to keep it at least contant in real terms. His wages were around 70-80k at some point a couple of years back, could well have increased now.

If Colo and Jonas love it here it really makes you wonder about the picture Nolan and Barton painted. Said a while back that in my opinion they thought they ran the club when Hughton was here and allowed them a big say but got pissed of when Hughton was binned and a new man who wouldn't allow them so much say was brought in.

If Colo and Jonas love it here it really makes you wonder about the picture Nolan and Barton painted. Said a while back that in my opinion they thought they ran the club when Hughton was here and allowed them a big say but got pissed of when Hughton was binned and a new man who wouldn't allow them so much say was brought in.

You might recall that Steve Brenner of the Sun also tweeted about the camp being in disarray during the US tour with spirits low. Sometimes it's best to clear out the old guard and start with a clean slate. Pardew will have a squad he can call his own now with no resentment lingering.

Im guessing he will know we will be offering him less wages, so assuming he is willing to talk, he may well be willing to accept a pay cut. If he is on 80k a week for two more years, surely 60k a week over 4/5 years will be acceptable.

Maybe we could give him a 2 year extension where he's paid his current wage for the next two years and then a new reduced wage for a further 2 years.