Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Also I doubt we'll get any joy out of an appeal, the FA hates us.

It's a pointless appeal, when it's a matter of opinion they always back the ref.

Like I say I think there are a few clubs that might have a chance with it, but not us.

Too right. I don't think there's many clubs who would have a penalty given for that challenge either. Certainly not the CL clubs. I've never seen a penalty given like that in my life. It's like last season when Williamson was penalised for shirt pulling in the area. That goes on in every single game but we are the only club that seems to get punished for it.

He was decent yesterday, so was Tiote. It was weird.

Not really, Colo can have outstanding matches where he looks boss, but then there will be games where he struggles against the pace and power strikers. Unfortunately that's the case with the rest of our cb's as well. We needed to buy a big hard cb in the John Terry mode. Tiote always looks rusty after a long lay off and generally starts to look much better after a few games to get up to speed.

Or we were just up against the shittest group of players in the league.

Wasn't he MoM against Man U?

Aye Colo can still look really good in certain games

Does our manager have the balls to buy a new partner for Mbemba in January? Colo needs to be on the bench and slowly zoned out of the club. There's always a warm seat for him in San Lorenzo.

Well, I'd rather he benched Coloccini for Dummett for starters. Big managers have no problems putting out the best teams. Starting Colo is currently counter-productive in most league games, and a chance should be given to someone else.

Does our manager have the balls to buy a new partner for Mbemba in January? Colo needs to be on the bench and slowly zoned out of the club. There's always a warm seat for him in San Lorenzo.

Well, I'd rather he benched Coloccini for Dummett for starters. Big managers have no problems putting out the best teams. Starting Colo is currently counter-productive in most league games, and a chance should be given to someone else.

I don't really think that will make that much difference, he's probably going to have the same problems that Coloccini has against the bigger and more powerful forwards. Might be worth giving it a go though just to put that one to bed.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was a blatant pen, he shoved someone off the ball in the box when said player was running onto a ball he was capable of getting a foot/toe to. It was never a sending off, but it was a pen. Colo is an idiot and should never play for us again.

It was a blatant pen, he shoved someone off the ball in the box when said player was running onto a ball he was capable of getting a foot/toe to. It was never a sending off, but it was a pen. Colo is an idiot and should never play for us again.

No he didn't.

It was shoulder to shoulder and Fletcher dived like he'd been shot up the arse with a nuclear bazooka.

Elliott got their in any case so their was no goalscoring opportunity to warrant a red card either.

Colocinni is accused of being as weak as piss on a regular basis on here so Fletcher must weaker than piss the way he went flying.

Was never a penalty in a millions years.

It wasn't a blatant penalty, unnecessarily forceful, but I've seen plenty not given. Stupid all the same.

The red card was a joke, if there is any doubt he should stay on. I'd be interested to know the referee take on it, if he says it was a push then fair enough, if he says it was obstruction as Colo wasn't in control of the ball then he needs to look at Cattermole's defending 30 seconds earlier.

Shoulder-to-shoulder is a legal physical challenge when challenging for the ball. But it's not license to charge someone over when chasing down a ball. IMO they were not close enough to play for the ball, and it looked like Colo knew he was being beaten for pace so he resorted to the foul. Stupid play.

It was a stupid decision by an experienced defender who should know better. You plain and simple don't risk a shoulder barge in a situation like that. Will be interesting to see how we fare without him but I'm guessing Lascelles will take his place which is not encouraging to say the least.

Who's vice captain by the way? Janmaat? Maybe we might actually see some leadership on the pitch for once.

the funny thing was he was about to challenge a big lad like fletcher on the run, the ideal thing would have been from him to physically ease him out of the situation and/or put him off enough with his presence so fuck up fletchers chance

had he tried that and fletcher scored everyone would have crucified him for being weak and physically not up to the league

fletcher went down very easily for a player his size, is kind of what i'm trying to say

the funny thing was he was about to challenge a big lad like fletcher on the run, the ideal thing would have been from him to physically ease him out of the situation and/or put him off enough with his presence so f*** up fletchers chance

had he tried that and fletcher scored everyone would have crucified him for being weak and physically not up to the league

fletcher went down very easily for a player his size, is kind of what i'm trying to say

Looking at both their trajectories, Fletcher moves towards Coloccini and not after the ball. His momentum when he crashes into Colo helps him fly off and pretend to be pushed. There was clearly no arm or leg sticking out to impede Fletcher's movement. Non-incident. End of.

If I remember correctly Smalling did an identical challenge in the euro qualifiers a few weeks ago. The other player actually flew a lot further. No foul, the ref told the player to get up and the commentators praised Smalling. Also thinking back I`m sure Willo did the arm across the neck move last season and a penalty was given.

The point is that he gave the ref a decision to make, whether it was a pen or not is debatable but it was stupid from an experienced defender. 

Never a red card but again it has split opinion  All Collocini's fault.