Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

David Luiz is a quality centre back. A couple of shoddy performances of late doesn't change that. When acclimatised, he'll be top notch in Premier League as well.

He hasn't had a good game since he arrived.

:lol: Not sure if serious.

David Luiz is a quality centre back. A couple of shoddy performances of late doesn't change that. When acclimatised, he'll be top notch in Premier League as well.

He scores some nice goals and goes on fun runs up the pitch. Other than he essentially can't defend whatsoever.

He literally avoids heading the ball. Makes rash decisions game in game out, constantly found out of position, constantly mistiming challenges.

I don't understand why people are comparing him to Colo. Colo had 5 seasons of top performances in La Liga, came over and struggled in a shit team that had Guthrie and Butt in midfield. Luiz hasn't had a good game in a top class league, has come over and been a complete liability despite being surrounded by very good players.

The people saying he'd make a great DM. He used to play there but he ended up at CB BECAUSE he was a liability in that position. You need good discipline to play as a holding midfielder.

£25 million pissed up the wall.

He scores some nice goals and goes on fun runs up the pitch. Other than he essentially can't defend whatsoever.

Bollocks.

As well as this "he's had no good games since he arrived". He got MOM against both the Manchester teams a few months ago, and was also named as player of the month in April.

Why is a player always shit or class? There's no grey area these days. Luiz is by no means the finished article but he's hardly shite. I remember him having a few decent games, in particular one against the Mancs springs to mind.

Good post.

Why is a player always shit or class? There's no grey area these days. Luiz is by no means the finished article but he's hardly shite. I remember him having a few decent games, in particular one against the Mancs springs to mind.

Good post.

Aye.

Good post.

It was shit.

:thup:

Massive, massive player for us.  No Tiote and he wasn't missed because Coloccini holds everything together at the back.

Not missed in a game where the midfield is by-passed but was a massive miss against Blackburn in the Cup where Colo had his worst game this season...

You just know Mike is gonna fuck this up by selling him for a tidy sum in January just because he doesn't sign a new contract

Not so sure like. He is moving out of his rented house in Darras and buying a canny pad in Jesmond. Wouldn't have thought he would be doing that if he was possibly leaving. He obviously knows something we don't......

If a really big club came in for him I think we'd struggle to keep him, but suspect we should be able to hold on to him against anything below that considering our positive league position etc, and he does have family settled here. Older players tend to be more realistic about moves etc and if they are going to move are more honest about it.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.