Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I know all players and manager are infallible because we're third in the table at October - but some very worrying signs from him today.

His last game was probably his best in a black and white shirt, and then this, is right up there at the other end of the spectrum. Didn't get his hands dirty with defending, and bottled challenges, didn't compete for headers. Really difficult to watch. Lacking all the fire he had last week.

I know all players and manager are infallible because we're third in the table at October - but some very worrying signs from him today.

His last game was probably his best in a black and white shirt, and then this, is right up there at the other end of the spectrum. Didn't get his hands dirty with defending, and bottled challenges, didn't compete for headers. Really difficult to watch. Lacking all the fire he had last week.

Agree with this aside from I didn't think he was all that last week. Bottles challenges like it was going out of fashion. Looked dangerous in the first half mind.

His major problems are that he's lazy and a bit of a wimp.

He's a bone idle shithouse.

Disguised by the fact that our midfield is better than last year. He offers pace and a wide threat that barton couldn't dream of, but he's frustrating as fuck because he could be way better.

My biggest gripe with him is his lack of movement while we're in possession.

On numerous occasions he basically stood standing 5 yards away from a teammate who was in possession of the ball when he really should've made a forward run into the space behind the fullback or in the 'hole'. Happened at least twice today and against Villa when Cabaye was in possession. Simply unacceptable for a winger with the pace that he has.

Watch Cabaye's villa match highlights on tube and you'll see what i mean.

Guest Heneage

Wow, what a yoyo'ing set of opinions there have been on this player in the last few weeks :lol:

There's at least one that has remained consistent.

The lad is f***ing s****, a complete embarrassment today, put him down.

Change the record creep.

Wow, what a yoyo'ing set of opinions there have been on this player in the last few weeks :lol:

There's at least one that has remained consistent.

The lad is f***ing s****, a complete embarrassment today, put him down.

Change the record creep.

:lol:

I don't need to, he's the only footballer for us I'd currently murder with my bare hands.

He's not the first though, he's in terrible company.

we're being abit harsh on the boy. he was running them ragged in the first half.  second half was a bit of a liability.

Yeah... Thought he had a canny 1st half and stretched them... Started the 2nd half badly with a ill advised back flick which AP clearly bollocked  him for... Still think we should persevere with him as he's hardly played for 3 year... Hope he knows this is his big chance though... Sometimes his body language would suggest he doesn't...

Think he has to be sent to the bench for a few games. Santon for Raylor, Ben Arfa for Best and Marveaux for Obertan.

Krul

Simpson

Colo

Saylor

Santon

Cabaye

Tiote

Ben arfa

Jonas

Marveaux

Ba

The sooner Pardew gets to that team the better IMO.