Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

What 'confidence'? :lol:

He doesn't even know how to make use of his one best attribute and has been as hopeless as we have seen. And he won't ever be good enough for this level.

Clairefontaine grad ffs. :lol:

To be fair to the guy, he's not exactly been getting a lot of match time this season. Understandable that he'd look a bit more shit than usual.

Still no excuse for him to watch a knackered Remy run back past him to defend from further up the pitch than him. Forget when he has possession, we were defending a 1 goal lead and he can`t even be bothered to chase or be near a Chelsea player.

Guest bimpy474

Gabriel Butternut Squash Heed.

Loved how we we were breaking and he couldn't take the fuckin ball with him!

I was like 'go go go go' 'you prat' :lol:

I can see the logic behind the substition. Waste a minute and bring a guy on who's absolutely rapid.

He's a sprinter though, that's it. He'll never be a footballer as long as there's a hole in his arse.

Parody of a footballer. His cameo as sub was embarrassing.

It certainly wasn't embarrassing cos his part in the goal was hugely important. This is what I was on about the other day regarding him being a decent sub option. He's got pace and he's direct which encourages us to get the ball in the opposition's half when the pressure is on. After soon as the ball left Santon's boot, the ball was on the edge of Chelsea's box within a matter of seconds (absolutely sensational control by Remy, btw). Obertan, who's always an outlet on the counter in these situations, was on the scene straight away and played a couple of really nice touches to set Anita away.

I'm not going to sit here and say Obertan is a good player, the couple of laughable touches that followed the goal exhibit the fact that he's technically piss poor, but he'll always be a reasonable option of the bench when we're winning.