Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Haidara still should have got much closer to Tadic than he did for their second. Especially as Tadic is so one footed

He should have been, but Obertan not picking up Cedric meant Haidara was playing cautious and standing off which you can't blame him too much for. This is why Obertan should have been taken off around the 65 minute mark - dare I say it, even Gouffran may have helped... The only reason I'm saying that is due to Pelle/Long vs Colo/Mbemba in the air the outcome is predictable as we saw, and we should have done a lot more to close down the flanks and force them to go through the middle. It's the only time I'll ever say Gouff could have been useful to us though.

Haidara still should have got much closer to Tadic than he did for their second. Especially as Tadic is so one footed

He was a bit f***ed by Obertan, go towards Tadic and the attacker Obertan ignored is open and then that could've resulted in a goal. Obertan had to get tighter to the Southampton attackers instead of just letting them run past and hoping Haidara can deal with both attackers.

Haidara was awful for the second. Was awful full stop pretty much. No use being decent going forward if you're goign to defend like that.

as you're in the obertan thread how did you think obertan did defensively for lead up to the second and in the 10-15 minutes before it when he was watching their players run past him to double up on haidara?

i'm not saying haidara wasn't at fault but obertan was nothing short of disgraceful during that period, should have been the first one off the pitch

Haidara was awful for the second. Was awful full stop pretty much. No use being decent going forward if you're goign to defend like that.

as you're in the obertan thread how did you think obertan did defensively for lead up to the second and in the 10-15 minutes before it when he was watching their players run past him to double up on haidara?

i'm not saying haidara wasn't at fault but obertan was nothing short of disgraceful during that period, should have been the first one off the pitch

:thup:

If / when I find full 90 mins to download I'm going to count how many times he passes the ball back to the player who passed it to him.

Just see how much he's playing with his back to a full-back who was booked early and looked a bit shaky defensively... Obertan's ONLY strength is running, why he wasn't utilising it was just beyond me.

Guest reefatoon

If / when I find full 90 mins to download I'm going to count how many times he passes the ball back to the player who passed it to him.

Sounds a rip roaring evening. Non stop party at Crumpy's.

Please count Colback's as well, and provide a full report for the forum. Thanks.

Obertan could score a hat trick and people would still give him stick. Boils my piss, forget the past he played well yesterday and there is no need for half the ground to get on his back after any slight error.

He caused Southampton problems and looked a threat. The assist was quality, too.

Obertan could score a hat trick and people would still give him stick. Boils my piss, forget the past he played well yesterday and there is no need for half the ground to get on his back after any slight error.

He caused Southampton problems and looked a threat. The assist was quality, too.

He played one amazing cross, he was bang average at best for the rest of it.

Guest reefatoon

Obertan could score a hat trick and people would still give him stick. Boils my p*ss, forget the past he played well yesterday and there is no need for half the ground to get on his back after any slight error.

http://i.cubeupload.com/4ErutB.png

Obertan could score a hat trick and people would still give him stick. Boils my p*ss, forget the past he played well yesterday and there is no need for half the ground to get on his back after any slight error.

No he didn't play well, he left Haidara with no cover leaving him to deal with both Cedric and Tadic on his todd resulting in the crosses for both their goals and played negatively against a full-back already on a yellow card. Besides the assist which was fantastic he was our most ineffective player.

He's had his chance, he's had far too many - he's a waste of space and nowhere near good enough to be playing for our team.

http://i.cubeupload.com/4ErutB.png

:lol: :lol:

Jokes aside, he was good yesterday, I agree. He's a bit dozy, and so will do silly things, that's his nature more than anything. It was good to see him trying and being far more aggressive, even if it didn't always come off.

It's when he isn't even having a go that I am most frustrated by him tbh.

If by the grace of god I somehow managed to score a hat trick one day in the Premier League, it wouldn't discount the fact that I am very much unqualified to be a premier league footballer. Same applies for Gary O'Bertrand I'm afraid.