Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

I actually don't mind Obertan, he seems to try in games and occasionally conjures up some decent play, his pace scares defenders thus forcing them a little deeper so his influence on games, albeit indirect, is an advantage.

In fairness, he should only be a bench player or competition for ayoze or aarons. Give him a chance, you never know?

No disrespect, but it baffles me how anyone can see any positives in Obertan. If I was being generous, I'd say he puts in 2 competent performances a season.

I love a good underdog story.

My real hope with every single player we have this season is that they all improve under our new coaching setup.

No better way to stick it to Pardew/Carver than s*** players under those t***s improve 100 fold with real coaches.

(more hope than expecting great things though)

Point is that we got a set-up of players, and if it all "clicks", then it would be absolutely amazing. Proving the critics wrong etc.

Then we can all ejaculate over pictures of Gabriel the great and force feed ourselves with pies and candy.

I love a good underdog story.

My real hope with every single player we have this season is that they all improve under our new coaching setup.

No better way to stick it to Pardew/Carver than s*** players under those t***s improve 100 fold with real coaches.

(more hope than expecting great things though)

Point is that we got a set-up of players, and if it all "clicks", then it would be absolutely amazing. Proving the critics wrong etc.

Then we can all ejaculate over pictures of Gabriel the great and force feed ourselves with pies and candy.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b569/akelios/hellno_zps10470b48.gif

Was raging when I saw the team but he had a decent game overall.

go back and watch the 15 minutes leading up to their goal, he was wandering around like he'd ran a marathon

one very good cross disguised a poor-average performance imo, he's fucking shit and needs peddling

He isn't very good and if this was McClaren putting him in the shop window, I wouldn't be disappointed, but I don't hate him being in the squad. He does have his moments. There was one today and then he should have been withdrawn.

There was a classic moment when Wijnaldum was bursting through the middle. We were 3 against 2. Obertan on one side and Cisse on the other. Both would be through on goal. Ball goes out to Obertan, ends up back with our defence somehow.

There was a classic moment when Wijnaldum was bursting through the middle. We were 3 against 2. Obertan on one side and Cisse on the other. Both would be through on goal. Ball goes out to Obertan, ends up back with our defence somehow.

Typical tbh. He actually winged in a couple of decent crosses today for the first time I can remember since we signed him, but that piece of play shows he still has a heart the size of a pea. Totally bottled it and went backwards rather than go for the kill.