Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

• 2 months later...

I'm looking forward to seeing him showcase his skills on the left come Sunday afternoon.  What a time to be alive.

Honestly if he starts man, him or Gouffran, Jesus

It's happening

http://i.imgur.com/RwR2kY3.jpg

I love a good underdog story.

My real hope with every single player we have this season is that they all improve under our new coaching setup.

No better way to stick it to Pardew/Carver than s*** players under those t***s improve 100 fold with real coaches.

(more hope than expecting great things though)

I actually don't mind Obertan, he seems to try in games and occasionally conjures up some decent play, his pace scares defenders thus forcing them a little deeper so his influence on games, albeit indirect, is an advantage.

In fairness, he should only be a bench player or competition for ayoze or aarons. Give him a chance, you never know?

I'm looking forward to seeing him showcase his skills on the left come Sunday afternoon.  What a time to be alive.

Honestly if he starts man, him or Gouffran, Jesus

It's happening

http://i.imgur.com/RwR2kY3.jpg

Don't think either will start.

I actually don't mind Obertan, he seems to try in games and occasionally conjures up some decent play, his pace scares defenders thus forcing them a little deeper so his influence on games, albeit indirect, is an advantage.

In fairness, he should only be a bench player or competition for ayoze or aarons. Give him a chance, you never know?

It's just a shame that he's a wide man that can't cross, shoots like a 6 year old, and when he gets some space to run at actually checks and slows down in case he's expected to do something with it.