Newcastle United 0-0 Arsenal - 13/8/11 - post match reaction from p33

Beren

Ball still in play, Barton man handles Gervinho, why isn't a penalty given?

Should have been off imo.

Think we will be ok if we sign a decent LB to help Jonas out. What worries me most is the lack of forward drive from CM. Way too deep today, way too respectful. Think Arsenal were there for the taking. Most of the game we had 6 players in our own half when we were attacking.

Thought Barton was an embarassment overall, general sub par game from him when he should have been out to impress. We know Simpson can work well with him and we saw glimpses of promise with Obertan, so the right might not be so bad.

Saylor worries the hell out of me, but generally the defence was good.

Guest guinness_fiend

I do feel sorry for Gervinho, it's like the new boy getting bullied at school.

If the new kid at any school thinks that he can get away with cheating and slapping people, he deserves expulsion.

I'm sure every time we play Arsenal they are "there for the taking"... why can't we ever take them! :lol:

http://www.thehardtackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Andy-Carroll-scores-v-Arsenal.jpg

Oh yeah.

Guest SuperShola!

Good game, poor atmosphere. The Strawberry corner is shite, i'm stuck next to pensioners and people that get annoyed when I stand up, Stewards were utter cunts and the fact that you couldn't hear or interact with the away fans made it worse. Feel like the Home Derby is going to be shite. Anyhow, thought Obertan was class, Colo done well and Gutierrez & Barton were good to. S.Taylor was class, Shola was shite. Why did Ba go off at half time? Are his knees fucked?

Glad we got a point.

Thought both teams looked like they were massively lacking match fitness. Us especially. Tiote and Cabaye were done after 65 mins. Can't help but feel the bad pre-season is the reason and i hope everyone gets up to speed quickly

Just helping him to his feet tbh, games would be raining pens if this happened every time players did this.

Just helping him to his feet tbh, games would be raining pens if this happened every time players did this.

Please stop.

:lol: Yeah......no.

:troll:

right my ratings

Krul 7 apart from one hairy moment he did well and looked confident

Simspon 7 Solid,

Saylor 7.5 that minor cock up in the 1st half apart looked very good

Colo 8 :smitten: motm

Raylor 6 considering he was out of position he did well, no major fuckups

Tiote 7 off the pace a bit but good performance

Cabaye 7 same as above, will get better as he adapts to the league

Barton 6 some good some bad

Jonas 7, typical jonas performance really

Shola 6, did alright

Ba 5, should not play with shola

Obertan 7 very impressed

Best 5 ran around a lot, thats about it

Lovenkrands 5 see above

Good game, poor atmosphere. The Strawberry corner is s****, i'm stuck next to pensioners and people that get annoyed when I stand up, Stewards were utter c***s and the fact that you couldn't hear or interact with the away fans made it worse. Feel like the Home Derby is going to be s****. Anyhow, thought Obertan was class, Colo done well and Gutierrez & Barton were good to. S.Taylor was class, Shola was s****. Why did Ba go off at half time? Are his knees f***ed?

Glad we got a point.

Love the way I just spent over £500 on a season ticket there so  :lol:

Good game, poor atmosphere. The Strawberry corner is shite, i'm stuck next to pensioners and people that get annoyed when I stand up, Stewards were utter cunts and the fact that you couldn't hear or interact with the away fans made it worse. Feel like the Home Derby is going to be shite. Anyhow, thought Obertan was class, Colo done well and Gutierrez & Barton were good to. S.Taylor was class, Shola was shite. Why did Ba go off at half time? Are his knees fucked?

Glad we got a point.

Although Shola is a generally atrocious footballer, he didn't do too badly today. Won quite a bit up top but was hampered by fuck all support.

You were generally far too deep today. Felt like your midfield and attack were 2 entirely separate entities.

Overall thoughts: You can tell we were a team with an unsettled pre-season. A lot of dis-jointed play and a couple looked off the pace but we battled well and though we deserved a point in the end. However our lack of forward options are dire, bringing Lovenkrands off the bench to try and nick you the game, christ.

Match Ratings:

Krul 6 - Barely put a foot wrong. Looked a bit roped from a few arial deliveries but his handling was decent.

Simpson 6 - Solid. Defensively though he did really well particularly when Gervinho switched flanks, dropped off well and didn't let a tricky winger get in behind.

Taylor 7 - Did really well and I'd love to give him an eight but there were two really brainless moments that could of cost us the game, namely the crap clearance which he smashed at Coloccini and the run to the half way line where he thought he was Pele reborn.

Coloccini 8 - Textbook Colo, cool and calm. He's an absolute classact, I might even cry when he leaves.

Taylor 5 - Unsprisingly struggled to deal with Gervinho, did better second half but not convincing at all.

Barton 6 - Mixed bag from Joey today. Some canny play along with some crap set pieces and poor passes.

Cabaye 6 - Got stuck in and kept things ticking over. In future he probably needs to push up the field a bit and support the forward play.

Tiote 7 - Did his job well. Got stuck in, broke things up and moved things on.

Jonas 6 - Not great going forward but grafted really well and protected Taylor pretty well for the most part.

Ba 4 - I really don't want to to lay into the lad due to missing large chunks of pre-season but he was completely off the pace and was rightly brought off. Still believe with more match time he'll bang them in on a regular basis.

Shola 7 - Thought he did really well up front on his own. Got stuck in, won knock downs, battled for free kicks. Fed on scraps with little to no support.

Obertan 7 - Thought he looked really bright when he came on. Quick, direct and a real threat.

Pardew 6 - Personally wouldn't of picked Ryan at left back and at times we put no where near enough pressure on Arsenal but he got his subs right and on the whole his starting line up was decent.

A side note: arsenal man, what a horrible bunch of dirty, diving bastards. Song has to be banned for that sickening effort on Barton.

Ball still in play, Song stamps on Barton. Why wasn't a free kick and red card given?

Wasn't seen, retrospective punishment will be handed out. The man handling was clearly seen by an official since Barton was yellowed.

Ball still in play, Gervinho clearly dives. Why wasn't a free kick given and yellow card issued?

It's debatable whether it was a dive.

:lol:

What a delusional plank

Krul - 7 - Fine from what I remember.

Simpson - 5 - Typical Simpson, average in defence, backs off too much, offers next to nothing going forward. His so called "safety" passing (usually to someone inside and/or behind him) means he is a useless outlet and plays others into trouble.

Saylor - 7 - Largely solid bar one or two brainfarts when on the ball.

Coloccini - 9 - Almost perfect, as per.

Raylor - 6 - Got beat time and time again in the first half hour, but was able to recover and be enough of a nuisance to irritate Gervinho. Got better as time went on, and was okay when Arshavin or Walcott drifted to his side. Poor long balls played to the strikers.

Barton - 5 - Erratic. Drifted around senselessly at times, absolutely dire delivery from out wide and set pieces. Plays as if Carroll is still up front with his crosses from deep. Needs to adapt to a different style. Got wound up by Song and could've got a red on another day. Very fine line between Barton being a massive asset or a massive liability - he wasn't quite either today but was more poor than good.

Cabaye - 5 - Very quiet. Played quite deep at times, and his attempts at through balls all failed in the first half. Had some good touches when he advanced with Obertan. Had one or two chances in and around the box that he messed up badly. Awful movement off the ball as he tried to take up some of Tiote's slack and link with Shola, didn't seem to know where he should be, which is the manager's fault imo. Also didn't look the strongest. Has a lot of work to do to adapt.

Tiote - 4 - Looked like he hasn't had a pre-season. Woops. Worst game i've seen him have in a long time.

Jonas - 6.5 - Had some good strong running as usual, and helped out in defence admirably. Offered little in the way of creativity, which is his theme. Best of our midfielders.

Ba - 4 - Mystifyingly bad. Doesn't look like the player who shone for West Ham. Needs to work hard on his fitness. Even worse first touch than Shola.

Shola - 5.5 - Didn't do much, wasted possession, little goal threat. Had next to no support. Got a bit better when Obertan moved up, but then disappeared when the newbie was shunted out wide.

Obertan - 7 - Came on and had some good, if aimless dribbles. Very, very quick. Didn't offer a huge deal in the way of creativity, bar one sublime hold up and backheel to Cabaye. Disappeared after his early promise, don't understand why Pardew moved him out wide, harmed both him and the team.

Loven - meh

Pardew - 6 - Good result overall, even though Arsenal were at their lowest ebb in ages, psychologically poor and missing big players. Don't understand what he was trying to achieve in the first half. Idiotic game plan from the off, and i don't think we saw any inkling of what our ideal gameplan or system could be this season for that 90 mins. Made the correct decisions at Half time, for which i'll give him credit, and the defence looked very well drilled.

cheap shot: we would've won that with Carroll and Nolan instead of Ba and Cabaye.  :troll: