Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Meh.  Did what I expect in a keeper in all honesty.  Nowt spectacular.

Not spectacular (although some of the saves were class), but miles better than Harper atm. Easy choice.

Nar nowt he did was "miles better" than Harper imo.

Everything he did was a million miles better than Harper. Crucially he actually looks agile.

Not spectacular (although some of the saves were class), but miles better than Harper atm. Easy choice.

Nar nowt he did was "miles better" than Harper imo.

Well, I thought Harper had a pretty shit game vs Everton and looked unfit/out of place. The difference in movement is huge.

Well, I thought Harper had a pretty s*** game vs Everton and looked unfit/out of place. The difference in movement is huge.

The difference between playing in front of 32,000 and playing in front of 4,000 is just as big.  I wouldn't think about playing Elliot on Sunday, if he plays I hope he plays well.

Well, I thought Harper had a pretty s*** game vs Everton and looked unfit/out of place. The difference in movement is huge.

The difference between playing in front of 32,000 and playing in front of 4,000 is just as big.  I wouldn't think about playing Elliot on Sunday, if he plays I hope he plays well.

Of course, but I thought he played well enough to keep his place until Krul returns. Hopefully we wont be focusing on the keeper at all after the Norwich game.

Which is a massive upgrade on most opinions before this game.

There's been some pretty decent players written off after a couple of games by fans tbh. Ba, Perch and Coloccini to name a few. Elliott might not be a hot prospect but he looks like he could do a job when needed. You can't really ask for much more than that.