Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Haidara is going to put some serious pressure on him next season, will be really interesting to see how it plays out.

Haidara will be worse than shit as soon as he has a bad game.

Seen nothing from Haidara to suggest he is better than Santon at this moment in time.

To be honest i haven't seen anything from Haidara in his few appearances so far to suggest he is any better than Fergie or Tavernier at this moment in time,  he looked steady away in Russia but i thought he too overrawed in the 2nd leg against Anzhi at SJP and while he may well turn into a good player at this particular moment i don't think he is ready for the first team and would really be worried if he was playing in big important games such as the Benfica game or the derby.

The frustration is that it's not his defending that's that bad - rarely does a winger give him the run-around. He's just making ridiculous errors that he needs to stamp out. I really like him but his mistakes at Benfica, Wigan and Swansea were bloody atrocious.

The frustration is that it's not his defending that's that bad - rarely does a winger give him the run-around. He's just making ridiculous errors that he needs to stamp out. I really like him but his mistakes at Benfica, Wigan and Swansea were bloody atrocious.

That's a very good point. :thup:

Guest neesy111

BHH37dGCQAAeyjL.jpg

Fair play to the lad, he doesn't need to do that. Most players would have ran down the tunnel :lol:

Probably Giggs but f*ck it :lol:

He's done that a few times after games tbh, not just on Thursday night.

I have noticed this as well, rarely do i see him beaten 1 v 1 in fact most times he comes away with the ball more than anything.

Concentration is the problem hopefully its something he can iron out.

There's a lot more to defending than 1v1. His positioning is not great. When he's caught upfield he jogs casually back.

I'm quite aware of that, just pointing out when he's concentrated he's not that bad at all. Concentration is a massive part of the problem.

There's a lot more to defending than 1v1. His positioning is not great. When he's caught upfield he jogs casually back.

it's a feature of our play, one that can't be taught, players either have it or don't and that is nouse. gary speed, scott sellars and olly bernard all had it, the ability to cover effectivly, to position themselves somewhere that they could cover for defender should he move forward. not dropping directly into that position but somewhere they can get to that positiion should we lose possession and the other player is caught out.

we have players who are technically very good on the ball, few have much ability off it.

I normally am fine with off form players getting a chance to have a break, but we're down to bare bones at fullback atm. Didn't see the injury though. Precautionary or completely stopped in his tracks clutching his hammy?

I normally am fine with off form players getting a chance to have a break, but we're down to bare bones at fullback atm. Didn't see the injury though. Precautionary or completely stopped in his tracks clutching his hammy?

Stopped chasing a player into the box and dropped to the floor clutching it, looked bad tbh.