Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Cazorla has been injured, that's the only reason that he hasn't played regularly this season. Was always a guaranteed starter for Wenger.

Silly season has started.

Cazorla has been injured, that's the only reason that he hasn't played regularly this season. Was always a guaranteed starter for Wenger.

Silly season has started.

Sorry I think i just had a Diane Abbott moment.  :embarrassed:

Looking at the prices being quoted and the needs we have, we are going to have to take a punt in the markets we've been playing in. 20 million for Loftus Cheek, ffs, he's barely played ! If we ask about Abraham, don't expect the price quoted to be much less than that either and it's only going to get worse when the new TV deal pay cheque lands on their doorsteps.

No one else like the look of Grosicki?

He's got plenty of talent but is infuriating with it. His decision making is wank and his final ball is really hit and miss too. Workrate is very impressive, usually struggles in the latter part of games due to how much work he gets through off the ball.

We don't pay high transfer fees or wages by today's standards so it's very hard to see where we are going to get players from especially within the UK. Maybe more Gayle, Ritchie, Shelvey types from historically small clubs where we can offer them wage rises? I expect we are waiting to see who doesn't get promoted and who goes down to see who we can pick up for around 10-12m. The alternative will be on players from Spain, Italy, France etc who we probably haven't heard of but who are attracted to the premier league because of the wages on offer.

I think the likes of Gibson, Sigurdsson, Abraham, Loftus-Cheek etc who will no doubt cost 20m plus are probably going to be too rich for Ashley unless he has an epiphany.

Guest chopey

Should probably put a tin hat on here but I'm still not comfortable paying players hundreds of thousands of pounds a week we need a structure, £100k a week should be our absolute Max wage

Depends what Ashley wants out of this?

I think Rafa will want a kitty but he need to be aware he must build this, £100million gets you a chane of staying up, that is scary. £1 billion should challenge top 4, those numbers are amazing but not far off.

I predict Ashley with spend 60-80million and if Rafa doesnt deem it enough then he will leave, Rafa needs to be realistic here though, however he holds all the cards.

Rafa has developed a soft spot for the fans though, i feel he will stay and have a crack at this, he is hooked.

Chelsea apparently willing to loan out Zouma if they buy Van Dijk. We need to be right on top of that.

He's obviously a very good player but personally I would rather sign an experienced player to develop our own lads than give experience to a Chelsea youngster.

Chelsea apparently willing to loan out Zouma if they buy Van Dijk. We need to be right on top of that.

He's obviously a very good player but personally I would rather sign an experienced player to develop our own lads than give experience to a Chelsea youngster.

But we can't buy 8 new players, we're gonna have to loan some too. Zouma would be a great choice, then spend some money on some creative players.

But we can't buy 8 new players, we're gonna have to loan some too. Zouma would be a great choice, then spend some money on some creative players.

Fair point, it'll be interesting to see what we prioritise.

I generally hate the idea of loans within the same division anyway, shouldn't be allowed. I obviously rate Zouma though.

Burnley spent about £20m (gross) last summer and another £18m in January and they've stayed up relatively comfortably.

Not saying we only need to spend that, or that "staying up" should be the limit of our ambition, but it shows you don't need £100m+ to compete.

Although if Ashley fancies allowing us to spend £100m+ (he won't/we won't), then happy days.

As has been indicated by journalists ect it'll be more of how committed Rafa feels Ashley is during any discussion rather than actual amounts available to spend. There's obviously some connection but I can see this being the case.

Burnley spent about £20m (gross) last summer and another £18m in January and they've stayed up relatively comfortably.

Not saying we only need to spend that, or that "staying up" should be the limit of our ambition, but it shows you don't need £100m+ to compete.

Although if Ashley fancies allowing us to spend £100m+ (he won't/we won't), then happy days.

:thup:

Depends what Ashley wants out of this?

I think Rafa will want a kitty but he need to be aware he must build this, £100million gets you a chane of staying up, that is scary. £1 billion should challenge top 4, those numbers are amazing but not far off.

I predict Ashley with spend 60-80million and if Rafa doesnt deem it enough then he will leave, Rafa needs to be realistic here though, however he holds all the cards.

Rafa has developed a soft spot for the fans though, i feel he will stay and have a crack at this, he is hooked.

A billion to challenge top four :lol:

Aye, that's only 20 £50m players.  You should design metro routes, man. :lol:

You can't build a team to consistently challenge for the top four in one season anyway. Even if you have unlimited money it takes 2 to 3 seasons and you will likely still have big weaknesses

Neven Subotic was loaned out from Dortmund to Cologne this spring. Will probably move on this summer.

Been horrifically injured prone since he burst on to the scene a few years back.