Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Just telling you what I've seen, man. I've been an argumentative prick at times but I was genuinely just trying to offer a bit of insight.

Fair enough. My apologies if I offended you.

Tbf, I am shorter than average (not wormy's 'troll-under-the-bridge' short, but still). That probably does skew my perspective of what "big" is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could do a lot worse than Lescott on loan for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be much of a long-term option but if we're not willing to splash the cash on a new CB in January then having Lescott until the end of the season could make a real difference.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/17/joleon-lescott-manchester-city-mario-balotelli

Really funny you posted that as I was thinking the exact same thing this morning.

Lescott for a few months, paying only a % of his wages, would represent good business if it's the difference between paying a fee for Douglas (or similar) or getting him on a free.

We could really do with his experience/quality right now too.

I hate it when we take loan players from other PL clubs TBH, I'm glad we don't do it. Giving other people's players PL experience is madness.

If we looked abroad it would be OK, like with HBA.

I think it's good business if you arrange a buyout clause.

And to be frank, it's a good option to cover for emergencies. Heck, even we have used it (Davids).

I hate it when we take loan players from other PL clubs TBH, I'm glad we don't do it. Giving other people's players PL experience is madness.

If we looked abroad it would be OK, like with HBA.

I think it's good business if you arrange a buyout clause.

And to be frank, it's a good option to cover for emergencies. Heck, even we have used it (Davids).

Can you just loan us some wingers and a RB - put in a good word for us eh VI? I'm sure you've got some blisteringly fast attacking right back who's stuck on Barcelona B no?