Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest taps01

I'm going to be extremely p*ssed if we don't sign a winger.

This team has no width at all.

Can see you being p*ssed off to be honest. The only way we will sign a winger is if its a youngster.

Why?

All the talk is of us buying a forward and a cb. I maybe wrong but I can't recall Pardew ever coming out saying we need a winger.

Guest taps01

I'm worried that we'll find it difficult to attract any decent players when there's so much doubt about the manager's position.

Money talks! Someone moving from somewhere like holland or France would significantly increase their income joining us.

Palermo got relegated didn't they.

Josip Iličić & Abel Hernandez on the cheap?

Hard to tell with that lunatic chairman of there's, sold Cavani for 15m but sold Pastore for over 40m :lol:

Different stages of their career no? Pastore was an absolute beast at Palermo.

I'm worried that we'll find it difficult to attract any decent players when there's so much doubt about the manager's position.

Money talks! Someone moving from somewhere like holland or France would significantly increase their income joining us.

We're not the only one that offers good money. With the standard of player that we need to be going for, I'd have thought we'd have at least one other rival who can match or get near our salary. Given the uncertainty behind the scenes, it's hard to imagine beating off any real competition.

Kinnear mentioned something about needing wingers..but I think it was more a hypothetical question about his role at the club assessing what we need.

Desperately need on decent LW/Striker though. Remy would be good and Kinnear looked at getting him when he was manager.

Kinnear mentioned something about needing wingers..but I think it was more a hypothetical question about his role at the club assessing what we need.

Desperately need on decent LW/Striker though. Remy would be good and Kinnear looked at getting him when he was manager.

I'd get a winger and Remy personally, think we need both.

Guest taps01

I'm going to be extremely p*ssed if we don't sign a winger.

This team has no width at all.

Can see you being p*ssed off to be honest. The only way we will sign a winger is if its a youngster.

Why?

All the talk is of us buying a forward and a cb. I maybe wrong but I can't recall Pardew ever coming out saying we need a winger.

And right on cue we are linked with Tom Ince....ill shut up now!

Guest taps01

Any box-to-box CMs on the market we could realistically be in for?

Sissoko is a Box to Box CM, we need someone through the middle that can score and create goals.

I would like Ince, Remy and an experienced CB.

That and not losing anyone would be a great window.

Guest SweMatt

The by far best AMC/ST in Sweden this season has been American Alejandro Bedoya. He's on a free transfer from July but doesn't want to leave for an average Dutch or Belgian club because he's been told he can't be an international in those teams.

I've watched every game league leaders Helsingborg has played so far and it's bizarre that he's still in Sweden at all. He deserves so much better. He is speedy, creative, clever, works incredibly hard and is apparantly very popular amongst his team mates as well. He's 26 years old.

Playing 12 games this season he has five goals (all from open play) and four assists. Yesterday against Kalmar he scored a typical goal:

Free transfer and would say yes to £10-15k per week (he doesn't even have that now in Helsingborg). I'd say that's worth a gamble.

Guest SweMatt

Wont be eligible for a work permit.

Ah. That would explain the reluctancy from bigger teams. He's done 14 internationals since 2010. What do you need for a work permit?

Ah. That would explain the reluctancy from bigger teams. He's done 14 internationals since 2010. What do you need for a work permit?

Participated in 75% of its nations "official" matches in the two years prior or be deemed a "great talent for the future" IIRC.

Participated in 75% of its nations "official" matches in the two years prior or be deemed a "great talent for the future" IIRC.

That or either be about to sign for Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Any box-to-box CMs on the market we could realistically be in for?

Sissoko is a Box to Box CM, we need someone through the middle that can score and create goals.

If we want Cabaye to play as a deep-lying playmaker, which he is, the obvious archetype in that role is Pirlo. I'm not saying Cabaye is Andrea Pirlo, but we could look to construct our midfield like Juventus.

They of course have Pirlo sitting deep and spraying passes all around the field. He is surrounded by Marchisio and Vidal (and sometimes Pogba), box-to-box central midfielders who are adept at both attacking and defending.

Sissoko is the only b-2-b central midfielder in the squad. He's good at pushing forward and making runs into the box, but not as good at coming back to defend. Which means we should be looking for another b-2-b CM who can push forward but is better at coming back to cover Cabaye.

Tiote is absolutely not that player, as he can't get forward and is a liability defensively (despite what College Dropout thinks). Anita would be perfect to back-up Cabaye in that deep-lying role.

I really hope Pardew was serious when he said Anita would have a bigger role next season. With Sissoko and Cabaye we could be looking at a tasty midfield three.

It's the 2nd best midfield we can put out but it's still unsuited to the league and the players in front of it.

I really hope Pardew was serious when he said Anita would have a bigger role next season. With Sissoko and Cabaye we could be looking at a tasty midfield three.

It's the 2nd best midfield we can put out but it's still unsuited to the league and the players in front of it.

What type of attackers would be suited to that midfield 3 in your opinion?