Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

His deal with Leverkusen collapsed I believe, in part to Dortmund who has boosted their squad with recent signings.

There's also the possibility of Ashley thinking we could have signed him for 2m years ago, now we have to pay a 'premium' and go 'No way'.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd be surprised if we were in for Moses, his price would liable be deemed to risky due to it not being likely to go up too much higher so it'd be 'dead money' on his no doubt market value wages that we wouldn't want to take on.

Be a cracking signing though.

Agree with the value part. A proven goalscorer out wide would make a huge difference to us particularly at home.

Guest Roger Kint

Apparently Kalou might be available as Lille are looking to slash their wage budget.

been a few stories of €3m price. Wouldnt say no at that fee mind. Maybe he is the Lique 1 player Pardew spoke of? Unless he said striker that is.

Pay €3m for a player we could have had for nowt last summer, seems very unlikely. I'd take him though, although he more or less is Gouffran.

Suppose they are basically the same player, would be cheap cover though if we wanted to spend more on a striker.....:yao:

Re KDB,

"After the development of the players on loan it is the right moment for them to be back. They are very young with space to develop, they will be better year after year and I can imagine in five years they are much better than today, but what they have today is more than enough to belong to this squad."

In his plans it seems.

I'd be surprised if we were in for Moses, his price would liable be deemed to risky due to it not being likely to go up too much higher so it'd be 'dead money' on his no doubt market value wages that we wouldn't want to take on.

We should have had Moses when Hughton had the deal lined up during the Championship season. That was one of those deadly Dekka pulled the plug on due to being a short-sighted gimp. Thank fuck he's left the club.

Guest Roger Kint

We should have had Moses when Hughton had the deal lined up during the Championship season. That was one of those deadly Dekka pulled the plug on due to being a short-sighted gimp. Thank fuck he's left the club.

Didnt Moses say he turned us down as he would get more games at Wigan?

What about Yaya Sanogo ? We could have him on loan , he scored 4 goals in U20 WC , always seemed like a prolific player.

We could have had him on a free.

Is he not at Arsenal? He obviously would have chosen them before us

What about Yaya Sanogo ? We could have him on loan , he scored 4 goals in U20 WC , always seemed like a prolific player.

We could have had him on a free.

Is he not at Arsenal? He pivotalrly would have chosen them before us

Yea, they signed him earlier in the window

We should have had Moses when Hughton had the deal lined up during the Championship season. That was one of those deadly Dekka pulled the plug on due to being a short-sighted gimp. Thank f*** he's left the club.

Not according to Dave who (i think) actually spoke to his agent. Think he said that Moses really wanted to come but that DL was an obnoxious arsehole who f**cked about.

Dave, gloss over my inaccuracies in an effort to make Llambiarse look even worse please...

Guest Roger Kint

We should have had Moses when Hughton had the deal lined up during the Championship season. That was one of those deadly Dekka pulled the plug on due to being a short-sighted gimp. Thank f*** he's left the club.

Not according to Dave who (i think) actually spoke to his agent. Think he said that Moses really wanted to come but that DL was an obnoxious arsehole who f**cked about.

Dave, gloss over my inaccuracies in an effort to make Llambiarse look even worse please...

Ah now you mention it i do remember Dave saying that :thup:

Ah now you mention it i do remember Dave saying that :thup:

We just need to pad it out to make it look even worse. Like he tried to touch round the 'front' or something....

As far as I know, Moses was desperate to come here, but Llambias wanted him to accept a lower wage than he was prepared to, so he signed for Wigan who presumably gave him what he was looking for. That Hughton publicly gave the thumbs up to the signing by saying he would add some pace to our attack just shows how close the deal must have been as Hughton was always cagey about transfer targets.

I'd like to see us make a play for Espinoza from Wigan.

From what I saw of him during Wigan's big matches last season, he has almost no talent other than being somewhat fast and high stamina. He's low budget Jonas on a bad day. He'll do well for Wigan if he stays in the Championship.

Fwiw, he was played at left wing back quite a bit last season, and he's absolutely not a wing defender. Started as a pure defensive midfielder but plays box-to-box for Honduras now. One of the only midfielders I've seen give Michael Bradley a tough go in last few years.

Fwiw, he was played at left wing back quite a bit last season, and he's absolutely not a wing defender. Started as a pure defensive midfielder but plays box-to-box for Honduras now. One of the only midfielders I've seen give Michael Bradley a tough go in last few years.

:thup: Fair. I know you will have seen him in MLS league and the WCQ qualifiers. I am only going by the few games I saw, and it is possible he wasn't put in a position to succeed.

Is it true Etienne Capoue has 1 yeart left on his contract?

Would think it well worth moving Tiote on and spending the money on him.

30.06.2015 according to Transfermarkt.

Is it true Etienne Capoue has 1 yeart left on his contract?

Would think it well worth moving Tiote on and spending the money on him.

30.06.2015 according to Transfermarkt.

Wiki has him to 2014 unless i'm reading it wrong....