Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Andy Johnsons contract running out in the summer? Would be exactly what we need up top imho!

If you can keep him fit. I don't fancy anyone's chances of that. With Ba's knee (though doing well) and Best and Shola always picking up niggling injuries, I'd prefer someone we could rely on to be on the pitch as much as possible.

Jonathan Soriano has recently come back from injury. He scored 32 last season in Liga Adelante and we are looking to offload him since he's finishing contract this summer and is way too old for our youth team. Very mobile, canny ability to get into positions, would fit like a glove with the midfield you have right now. He's being linked with a move to England this January (QPR/Swansea/Wigan the clubs being named).

I suppose he's linked with Wigan because of Martínez, dunno about the other two although Swansea already fished in our youth setup under Martínez too. Club Brugge and Benfica are also reportedly interested.

He's come a long way as a player, one of those late bloomers. I think it's a player worth of a gamble, and the prices quoted are pretty low (0-€2m).

Jonathan Soriano has recently come back from injury. He scored 32 last season in Liga Adelante and we are looking to offload him since he's finishing contract this summer and is way too old for our youth team. Very mobile, canny ability to get into positions, would fit like a glove with the midfield you have right now. He's being linked with a move to England this January (QPR/Swansea/Wigan the clubs being named).

:rose:

Santon and Clyne as fullbacks with Colo and Mbiwa as CB's wouldn't look bad at all. Two aged 20 and one 22 led by the imperious Colo  :love:

Would love to see two fullbacks bombing forward and support our midfield and attack, Ben Arfa cutting in sometimes with Clyne overlapping on the flank and Jonas and Santon on the other side.

I really do hope we're after these two.

Buy Eduardo Vargas from U de Chile please. Going to be (already is) f***ing class.

Scores in the equivilant UEFA Cup final, yes please.

linked with a couple of prem league sides before (Chelsea and Liverfool).....I don't think he'd cost a massive sum of money (Barrios went to Dortmund for 4.2m and his record was better than Vargas'....49 in 53 apps).

Would like to think we have scouts covering there but it seems France is the favored buying place these days. Need Acuna (his former club too) to have a word with our scouts.

Is Alejandro Faurlin realistic? Perhaps not this January as its not a priority,  but he looks a very stylish player

Been linked quite heavily with a move to Italy/Spain. I like him, classy player who always seems to find time on the ball.

I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again; Snodgrass wouldn't cost the earth and is an exceptionally gifted player. Could use him as cover for CM or as a false winger. Frankly, he's so much better than Obertan they might as well being playing a different sport.