Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Don't want anyone from any of the relegated clubs tbh.

Howay Yorkie, Rafa would make good players of a handful from Southampton. Redmond? Bertrand? James Ward-Prowse?

Shaquiri (sp) would be class, if Rafa could get him grafting.

I would hate Shaqiri at our club tbh, not because he's not talented because obviously he is. Not because his work rate isn't there, because for Rafa you aren't going to play if you don't work hard. But there was one incident in the West Ham game just before they scored I think, someone passed the ball to him and he moved it on to someone else and told that player with arm singles where to play it, it didn't go in that direction, and Shaqiri's was like a petulant little kid for the next minute or so, berating the other player with hand jestures and stomping feer, as they struggled to create an opening. Think that incident summed him up perfectly, he would be a cancer for our wonderful team spirit.

And from all accounts Shawcross has declined considerably this year, he's 30 now , I wouldn't bother can find better products to mold for a much cheaper price.

Redmond, Betrand and Ward-Prowse would all be interesting options but will probably command fees greater than their real value.

That's two threads I've opened tonight and the first post I've read has impetuously stated "howay Yorkie". I must be talking loads of shite these days like.

You know people are now fevourishly check all your recent posts to pop in "Howay Yorkie" to the corresponding thread.

Clément Lenglet as a potential first choice CB. Get rid of Clarke as he will never shift Jamaal or Florian.

Would be a step down from Sevilla to us maybe? Will probably be very expensive as well. But I agree, he looks very good.

Possibly, but he was playing for Nancy literally 18 months ago. Similarly Iborra left Sevilla for Leicester last summer, so I don't see any reason why Lenglet would be totally unrealistic, especially if we keep Rafa and finish as close to 8th as possible.

Lenglet is 22, he'll be moving up if he's going to be moving

And again, we aren't West Brom or Norwich. We are a historic PL team managed by one of the best managers in the world. We could have potentially finished in the top 10 and have new owners. It's not beyond the realms of plausibility just because he's young and plays for Seville.

Unless I'm blatantly forgetting somebody, Slimani's loan is the first time we sign a player under Ashley who was already earning more than 40k a week. Even with the huge increase in wages, players who are on more than say 100k/w can be dismissed outright.

And even if we get taken over, players like Gareth Bale are a pipe dream. His next contract will probably cost more than the whole Newcastle United.

It's less than a year since Shawcross was being touted as an upgrade on Lascelles who needed to be 3rd or 4th choice at best. How time flies.

Yep crazy how much difference a year makes, I was saying to a non NUFC supporting friend at the beginning of the season how Lascelles was probably our 4th best CB. Back then I had them Clark, Mbemba, the unknown Lejueue, and Lascelles. Clearly the injury he picked up last season hampered him much of the champo season, because he's been 10 times the player he was then.

Really liked Lemina from Southampton in the first half of the season. Second half he's gone to shite it seems.

His fuck up against us lead to that wonderful counter attack goal for Kenedy. Looks like he should be a good player, but every time I've seen him, he's been somewhat disappointing.

He and Gabbiadini were their best players in the draw down at St. Mary's. No idea what's happened to him. They paid circa £17m for him in the summer. If they go down they'd probably want to recoup that but I've always had a feeling he may go for about ≥£13m.

Been linked with that Ozyakup a few times recently, he's canny good from what I've seen. Free transfer too.

Still got my Turkey flag from the Euros to go with my omnipresent Turkish face.

I’d enjoy this.

It's less than a year since Shawcross was being touted as an upgrade on Lascelles who needed to be 3rd or 4th choice at best. How time flies.

A year ago Lascelles was 23 and Shawcross 29. Same ages as Mitro and Slimani. Hmm.

If only Mitro had listened to Rafa.

Absolute donkey. Never saw the attraction.

Guest Howaythetoon

Berahino anyone? He’s another when he was playing well would have been a good fit for Rafa. There is still a good player in there and we would probably get him cheap.