QPR 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/09/11 - Post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Coloccini is covering all the space behind Raylor as well as his won position. Shit needs changing.

2nd half bring Santon on for Raylor, put Marveaux on the left, Jonas on the right, fuck Shola off and put Obertan up with Best.

Ba to come on later if needed.

Do you think Pardew can actually see how Raylor is being tortured out there ? FFS make the change man, I would like to see Marveaux and BA too for Obertan and Shola, but not likely I guess.

If he has seen it, you have to wonder why it will have taken him all off 45 minutes to finally make a change. If he hasn't he desperately needs new specs..

I'd put Santon on for Taylor and Marveaux for Ameobi, giving him a free role to try and link things up.

Not a bad idea that. Our link-up play is non-existent.

Shaky at the back, hopeless going forward.  Passing shit, awareness shit, urgency shit.  No real plan.  SWP the best player on the pitch by a long way.

Need to hope we're far better than that 2nd half.  So many poor players in our team yet we failed to truly strengthen in the summer once again, absolutely infuriating.

Been woeful so far, lucky not to be 3 down.

Really annoying to see a newly promoted team play the ball around quickly and incisively whilst we're apparently limited to hoofing it up the pitch with all the imagination of a dead canary.

If Jonas doesn't need to come off. Make that third substitution Marveux for Obertwat. We just need something to shake this up. I like to think I'm not normally so angry towards new players still settling in, but if they're not going to put any fucking effort into the match, why should I put effort into liking them?

Lucky to still be in this tbh, should be 3 or 4 down.

Taylor is getting raped but Gutierrez is giving him no protection at all. The whole point of playing upfront is to have an advantage on the 2 CHs. Unfortunately, when one of those 2 strikers is Shola we may as well just play Best and by himself and bring Marveaux on to match their central 3 in the middle - or at least let us go 4-2-3-1.

Needs changing or we'll get bummed again. They'll have the wind behind them this half too so they could quite easily pen us in a bit. 

No overly surprised with that.

They've got loads of new players, newly promoted, at home - they're excited. And we've let them play and tried to soak up the pressure (rightly or wrongly).

The novelty will wear off and the more chances they miss, the edgier they'll get. Make a couple of decent subs and we could nick this.

Ok then, so now we've sent out a purpesfully shite XI to lull QPR into a false sense of security, we are actualy going to put our best players on the pitch. Aren't we?

In March, when they're fit.

The best players in our 18 man squad would do for now like

They're the ones I'm talking about.