Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Must say I agree with  brummie. Both sides are unbeaten, both struggling to establish themselves as an attacking force, has bore draw written all over it.

3-3 then.

When was our last 3-3 draw?

EDIT: West Brom, obvs.. :lol:

Before that then...

Last day of the season!

Villa selling off their tickets for this game at 2 for 40 quid. Nice to know they are ripping us off by charging us over twice as much for our tickets again(like they did last year).

We must be crazy to pay it.

They charge away fans the price of the most expensive ticket for home fans, I believe, which is in line with the PL law that you're not allowed to charge more than that.

You're right, though, it is a rip off. It won't make you feel better, but my mate has bought a ticket just along from my ST in the Upper Trinity and it cost him 43 notes, too. What's more, as I stumped out 580 quid for my ST, I'll be taking a long, hard look at the ticket prices this season.

What they've effectively done is conduct a summer transfer and manager acquisition period of such utter, utter fucking ineptitude, that they have effectively driven a big wooden stake through the last remaining vestiges of hope at the club.

Season ticket sales are down 8,000. They have massively, massively underestimated the fans reaction to appointing McLeish, too. An aura of doom hangs around the whole place.

This is the sort of ineptitude we're dealing with. After appointing AM, they realised how much they'd annoyed people, and wrote to previous ST holders to try and gee them up.

Here's the text. Spot the glaring ommission. Well, actually, I'll point it out. Not a single mention of on-field aims, of football intentions, of trying to compete. Not one. It reads like a letter to shareholders. I know a few people who were wavering on renewing, got this badly thought out nonsense, and knocked the idea right on the head as a result.

The letter makes it sound like we're meant to cheer being one of the top 20 money raking clubs in Europe.

As we approach the 2011-12 season, we wanted to express our thanks for your support. The last year was fraught with the unexpected, and was certainly frustrating and at times even disappointing. Throughout this past year, however, and now looking forward to the new season, you have continued your support and commitment to the club, and for that we are very appreciative.

The managerial changes that commenced last August, still less than a year ago, were unexpected, unsettling and certainly took their toll. Despite this, the team came through, finishing with good wins against Arsenal and Liverpool to secure a 9th place finish as we headed into the short summer break.

Looking ahead to this season, we feel that in Alex McLeish we have found a very special football man to manage Villa. Being deeply conscious of the controversy that would at first come along with selecting him as manager, we still felt that his broader and career-long reputation for hard work, leadership and professional enthusiasm, together with his willingness to work with the club, made him a worthy and in fact uniquely god fit for our club. To this end, we wish him every success in his new role and hope others do the same as there is no doubt that the great support of our fans will make a massive difference to the team, whether at Villa Park or away.

As regards our personal ambitions for the Club they remain as they've been from the beginning: to manage the club for growth. More precisely, our focus is to manage the investments we've made at Villa Park to promote strong financial performance in terms of our commercial activities in order that the Clubs revenue can grow and contribute accordingly to player, manager and other football related wages and costs.

This approach is at the core of our broader strategy yo create an enduring business model that is stable and yet has the potential to grow, as we feel that the club revenue and player wages are the key to consistent competitiveness. In connection with this strategy, we have targeted being at or within range of a top 20 ranking among clubs in Europe by revenue, which was achieved in the last Deloitte Football report

So again, let us express our appreciation for your support as we look forward with hope and pride to the upcoming season

Yours sincerely

Randy Lerner... Paul Faulkner

Fucking hell. :undecided:

We could be surprised and might fair slightly better v's Villa than we did against QPR simply because Taarabt ran the show and we couldn't cope, I'm not sure Villa have the same kind of player in that position to hurt us? I still expect a loss though, 2-1 maybe. A point would be an excellent result.

Rather play Fergie than Raylor, comfortable with the ball and good going forward, probably at least as good defensively as Raylor. Would make our LW more dangerous as well. Jonas wont have to sit in our LB's lap. Less hoooof.

Rather play Fergie than Raylor, comfortable with the ball and good going forward, probably at least as good defensively as Raylor. Would make our LW more dangerous as well. Jonas wont have to sit in our LB's lap. Less hoooof.

This  O0

Although I wouldn't be too fussed if he put Taylor on the right and dropped Simpson. Both will struggle v.s N'Zogbia/Agbonlahor.

Villa selling off their tickets for this game at 2 for 40 quid. Nice to know they are ripping us off by charging us over twice as much for our tickets again(like they did last year).

We must be crazy to pay it.

They charge away fans the price of the most expensive ticket for home fans, I believe, which is in line with the PL law that you're not allowed to charge more than that.

You're right, though, it is a rip off. It won't make you feel better, but my mate has bought a ticket just along from my ST in the Upper Trinity and it cost him 43 notes, too. What's more, as I stumped out 580 quid for my ST, I'll be taking a long, hard look at the ticket prices this season.

What they've effectively done is conduct a summer transfer and manager acquisition period of such utter, utter fucking ineptitude, that they have effectively driven a big wooden stake through the last remaining vestiges of hope at the club.

Season ticket sales are down 8,000. They have massively, massively underestimated the fans reaction to appointing McLeish, too. An aura of doom hangs around the whole place.

This is the sort of ineptitude we're dealing with. After appointing AM, they realised how much they'd annoyed people, and wrote to previous ST holders to try and gee them up.

Here's the text. Spot the glaring ommission. Well, actually, I'll point it out. Not a single mention of on-field aims, of football intentions, of trying to compete. Not one. It reads like a letter to shareholders. I know a few people who were wavering on renewing, got this badly thought out nonsense, and knocked the idea right on the head as a result.

The letter makes it sound like we're meant to cheer being one of the top 20 money raking clubs in Europe.

As we approach the 2011-12 season, we wanted to express our thanks for your support. The last year was fraught with the unexpected, and was certainly frustrating and at times even disappointing. Throughout this past year, however, and now looking forward to the new season, you have continued your support and commitment to the club, and for that we are very appreciative.

The managerial changes that commenced last August, still less than a year ago, were unexpected, unsettling and certainly took their toll. Despite this, the team came through, finishing with good wins against Arsenal and Liverpool to secure a 9th place finish as we headed into the short summer break.

Looking ahead to this season, we feel that in Alex McLeish we have found a very special football man to manage Villa. Being deeply conscious of the controversy that would at first come along with selecting him as manager, we still felt that his broader and career-long reputation for hard work, leadership and professional enthusiasm, together with his willingness to work with the club, made him a worthy and in fact uniquely god fit for our club. To this end, we wish him every success in his new role and hope others do the same as there is no doubt that the great support of our fans will make a massive difference to the team, whether at Villa Park or away.

As regards our personal ambitions for the Club they remain as they've been from the beginning: to manage the club for growth. More precisely, our focus is to manage the investments we've made at Villa Park to promote strong financial performance in terms of our commercial activities in order that the Clubs revenue can grow and contribute accordingly to player, manager and other football related wages and costs.

This approach is at the core of our broader strategy yo create an enduring business model that is stable and yet has the potential to grow, as we feel that the club revenue and player wages are the key to consistent competitiveness. In connection with this strategy, we have targeted being at or within range of a top 20 ranking among clubs in Europe by revenue, which was achieved in the last Deloitte Football report

So again, let us express our appreciation for your support as we look forward with hope and pride to the upcoming season

Yours sincerely

Randy Lerner... Paul Faulkner

Much like us, aren't you unbeaten in 5 league and cup games this season?

Both Villa and Newcastle have had solid starts but a) that doesn't mean there aren't big problems at each club and b) if either play like they did in their last game, that unbeaten start won't be lasting much longer.

I think a lot rides on our system. If we stick with the same crap we started at QPR we could be in trouble, however if we stick the extra man in midfield and plug the gap between the midfield and attack we might get somewhere. It might actually encourage us to keep it on the deck too.

Same, think he'd add a bit more pace and flair that we were desperately lacking v.s QPR. Would like to see Ba start as well, looked decent the past two games and I feel he's our best bet for getting goals.

(Leon Best hardly ever scores away  :razz: )

Cannit even be f***ed to watch this game tbh.

Really? I've still got the early season buzz.

QPR flattened me good and proper tbh, first time I've considered that Pardew might be a total dinosaur.

If it was a home game or I was travelling down I'd be excited, but I can't be fucked to dig up a stream or go to the pub to watch it on a telly. I've got a season ticket at the Vic sitting there and I'm tempted to just get my fix of live footy there instead. :undecided:

I haven't seen Villa this season and dont rate AM, but I think we'll still lose 2-0.  Given will get a clean sheet giving the press one of the stories they will have prepared before kickoff.

As an aside, that letter is seriously depressing. Its bad for the league for well-supported teams like Everton, Villa, and us to abandon their ambition. Bolton seem to be going backwards too.

Cannit even be f***ed to watch this game tbh.

Really? I've still got the early season buzz.

QPR flattened me good and proper tbh, first time I've considered that Pardew might be a total dinosaur.

If it was a home game or I was travelling down I'd be excited, but I can't be fucked to dig up a stream or go to the pub to watch it on a telly. I've got a season ticket at the Vic sitting there and I'm tempted to just get my fix of live footy there instead. :undecided:

I'm going and can't be arsed. :lol:

This is on at 12am Sunday Morning my time. I'm going to be sitting in a bar somewhere by myself probably, watching this game. I feel obliged to watch it. It's a shame because Saturday nights in Melbourne are awesome and full of fanny, instead the closest I'm going to come to sex is watching Ryan Taylor get raped by Charlie.

It's going to be a case of watching with fingers across the face. If it goes badly wrong and Raylor gets a couple of new arseholes torn into him then teams will go on and target him in the games after this and Pardew may be forced into changing it. I don't obviously want this to happen simply to prove a point but it's an issue which is as clear as a summers day and obvious to everyone.