Forest 3 - 4 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 20/09/11 - post-match reaction from p55

Dave

I hate all this Ferguson isn't a left back crap.

Neither was Ashley Cole, Zambrotta, Alves etc.

Players can convert. He was fine at left back against Chelsea and Wolves last year.

Maybe he's struggling because he hasn't played in a while. Or because he barely finishes a game most of the time and has now played 105 minutes.

:thup:

I don't see any reason why the management would be so adamant to make him into a left back if he wasn't one. If it was something that had recently happened I would understand with our options but when the lad first came through we had Enrique/Kadar as possible left backs but only really Jonas on the wing. Maybe the management/coaching staff have seen something in him that makes him look like more of a left back :dontknow:

He's left footed, young and doesn't fucking cost anything. That's basically it.

That doesn't answer why we were trying to make him a left back when we had less options on the left wing, he would still be young, left footed and cost fuck all as a left winger.

How did we have less options? Enrique was injured, Jonas wasn't.

We have been bigging him up as a left back while Enrique has been fit though.

We have had one left back and one left winger and decided Ferguson is more suited to the left back. No idea why if he isn't suited. If anything a left winger would fetch us more when we eventually sell him.

Oh and FUCK!