Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I guess it depends on how rigidly that policy is applied and to what extent Benitez has over it. I think to a certain degree most clubs only buy players that have a resale value. David Gold was arguing with a fan on twitter because of how much he'd commit to signing Defoe on the basis of no resale value.

I still think the story is bollocks. We've failed so far in the January market after being quoted stupid money for players. It's an easy article to write by someone who has made shit up for years and pushed it as fact.

I guess we'll know over the next two windows but if the past two windows is anything to go by I'm pretty pleased.

Lee Ryder

We've put the question to #nufc this morning on what the club's transfer policy is. Very much a developing story this one.

He'll be provided with the party line of 'Ashley allows the people appointed to run the football club on a day to day basis'. Which gives no indication as to the accuracy of the report.

The Rafa appointment always comes with the risk that he'll fall out with this cunt because he's clearly got very strong morals/values when it comes to relationships above him.

Just fuck off out of the way Ashley FFS.

Would be Ironic on a day when our 33 year old centre forward bags the winning goal, he announces we'll go back to our old policy of only signing young players with a resale value.

:thup: Said the same thing this morning.

Also, Gayle who is 26 this year and English, bagging his twentieth goal of the season.

I guess it depends on how rigidly that policy is applied and to what extent Benitez has over it. I think to a certain degree most clubs only buy players that have a resale value. David Gold was arguing with a fan on twitter because of how much he'd commit to signing Defoe on the basis of no resale value.

I still think the story is bollocks. We've failed so far in the January market after being quoted stupid money for players. It's an easy article to write by someone who has made shit up for years and pushed it as fact.

I guess we'll know over the next two windows but if the past two windows is anything to go by I'm pretty pleased.

Yeah I agree. I can see a time down the line where Rafa will leave simply because competing for honours costs big money and I don't think Ashley will be willing to fund that. But this seems to me more likely to be a journalist taking some snippets of news and cobbling together a story which is probably nowhere close to the truth.

Shock as the hierarchy of a football club meet in January to discuss transfers.

Even bigger shock that a club without ever-ending funds would like to buy young players they can develop and move on for big fees.

Absolutely nothing story, you could run the same story for every other club in England outside the top 6 in the PL.

Rafa got the contract he wanted in the summer, since then he's seemed nothing but happy here. Ashley's biggest aim is to return to the PL glory land and there is absolutely no way he'd do anything to sabotage that.

99% sure this is a pile of s****. Ashley has been seen at several of our games in the south, seems the closer to London the more likely. Journo is a w*****.

Plus, Ashley might be a t*** but he's not a f***ing idiot. Rafa got guarantees, if they get broken then Ashley will be back to square one.

In a football context, Mike Ashley most certainly is a f***ing idiot [emoji38]

Aye, it's remarkable how fast people forget :lol:

Amazing how Ryder works for the same company as the guy who wrote the article and even he wants to hear it from the club himself instead of taking the guys word for it. If Ryder can recognise him as the office bullshitter then it says a lot.

Guest palnese

Scott Wilson:

Today's talk of Ashley reasserting his dominance misses fact that #NUFC's transfer policy has not been radically overhauled anyway

Priority has always been to sign younger players with sell-on value - relegation just led to recognition that few exceptions were needed

That still applies - and there could still be a loan or two this month. Longer term though, #NUFC won't sign a host of 30-year-olds.

And Graham Carr has always still been involved under Benitez. As has Lee Charnley. Don't see any of this as a game changer.

I still think the story is bollocks. We've failed so far in the January market after being quoted stupid money for players. It's an easy article to write by someone who has made s*** up for years and pushed it as fact.

Agree  with this. 

Given Benitez record in the transfer market can anyone be surprised . Biggest resource in the league and we are making a fucking pigs ear of promotion. Good on Ashley for stepping up and taking control of this mess.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19f9rj8eksj7xgif/ku-medium.gif

Journalist in making something of nothing it seems then? I doubt it was ever a case of Rafa getting a budget and told "sign who you want" anyways. The fact Rafa is here and seemingly happy gives me no reason to worry, the club know that if he goes then so do about 15k season tickets and so does any chance of promotion.

This place is a dumpster fire of emotions at every bad story, lack of signing for a day, or a bad run of form.

You can't really blame us though, the amount of bad stories that turned out to be true :lol:

Younger signings with potential being a priority is fine.  Ashley asserting it as an unbreakable rule and overriding Rafa's judgement is not.  So it depends how it's being implemented.

This place is a dumpster fire of emotions at every bad story, lack of signing for a day, or a bad run of form.

Yeah good point, it's been all roses and sunshine under Ashley so far no one should err on the side of believing he'd do something stupid :rolleyes:

Guest alijmitchell

Waiting to see, but needless to say I won't be back at SJP for a long time if Ashley fucks this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest neesy111

Honestly people have such short memories of Ashley.  This is the guy who appointed Joe Kinnear twice.

I'd rather air on the side of extreme caution.  I don't trust him and will never ever trust him.

I'm cautious about everything involving Ashley but I'm not going to sit and speculate until it's all truly comes crashing down. There's no point wasting energy on guessing a vague article by 1 journo at this point.

You're free to be as emotive as you'd like, I didn't say anything otherwise than an observation of this forum in recent times.

Yup, football section at least feeds off negative emotions. Whether it's intended or not it's definitely what happens. It's genuinely a massive turn off to reading any of it.

Honestly people have such short memories of Ashley.  This is the guy who appointed Joe Kinnear twice.

I'd rather air on the side of extreme caution.  I don't trust him and will never ever trust him.

This guy is airing above caution

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/fd-shop/cabinet/03194953/img60386145.jpg