Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

From the Ryder:

It is expected that Ashley and his board will meet Amanda Staveley in due course to fathom out the seriousness of the financier and her Middle East group’s interest. 

What could possibly go wrong  :lol:

So who is going to puke first after the drinking games down the pub?

I was thinking more of the c*** turning up dressed like an Arab to make them feel welcome, or he'd probably end up not turning up & going on the p*ss again.. :lol:

He'll find a way to f*** it up thats for sure.

Fwiw Douglas is saying the Staveley link is Kosher, worring thing is the price is way off & it looks like no one would be prepared to pay anywhere near the asking price.

In which case, if he really is desperate to sell, he’s going to have to stop being a cunt about things and get realistic.

If these guys are quibbling over £50 million or whatever, how in Gods name do they expect to compete and stick £200 million plus wages on a decent striker? Fuck 'em, cheapskapes.

Holding out for a sovereign state. :shifty:

Guest milburn990

Imagine 52,000 fans at the next home game after the takeover singing a song to Amanda.

Bit weird.

Maybe blasting out Barry Manilow instead of Dire Straits  :rolleyes:

What about the debt owed to Ashley?

Is it not included in the fee, hence why it's so ridiculously inflated?

Last time I looked he wanted nearly 400m plus the debt. The club is worth about 250m plus debt is about right imo. It isn't a global brand and many millions will be needed to fix the squad for the long term ie playing in Europe.

Last time I looked he wanted nearly 400m plus the debt. The club is worth about 250m plus debt is about right imo. It isn't a global brand and many millions will be needed to fix the squad for the long term ie playing in Europe.

I don't even know how much he wants for the club, it's changed so many times. Is it £350m?

Craig Hope (Daily Mail Journo) was on Totalsport last night discussing the figures.

Apparently Southampton was recently 'valued' at around £220m. Therefore he surmised we have better potential and the value for NUFC (the club itself) would certainly be around the £250-270m mark... then with the £130m interest free loan due back to Ashley, that gives a figure not far off the one being reported... circa £380-400m in total.

Pretty sure the '£400m' pricetag has always included the debt/loan to be paid back also.

I don't even know how much he wants for the club, it's changed so many times. Is it £350m?

1/4th to 1/5th of what Liverpool is worth then? Seems cheap to me.

My guesswork is that he's desperate to get a deal done because if Rafa walks he'll have to put more money into the club, he'll battle relegation again, and he's NEVER going to get a higher price than he can over the next few months.

Feel like 325m-375m will get a deal done based on nothing else but my own take on everything I've read and listening to takeover experts etc on this whole thing.

1/4th to 1/5th of what Liverpool is worth then? Seems cheap to me.

I feel the same way. Also I agree with Kanji, I think £325m-£375m Ashley will take, just hoping Staveley/the people Staveley represents are willing to fork out that much.

My guesswork is that he's desperate to get a deal done because if Rafa walks he'll have to put more money into the club, he'll battle relegation again, and he's NEVER going to get a higher price than he can over the next few months.

Feel like 325m-375m will get a deal done based on nothing else but my own take on everything I've read and listening to takeover experts etc on this whole thing.

I don't think you're far off with this. I reckon Rafa has probably told him 'one more shit window and I'm off' and Ashley is desperately trying to get rid of it before the inevitable, hence the very public advert.

He'll want to sell it at the top and, in his view, it's probably there.

I remember when we went down the first time and the rumoured figure was £90m + the debt so he's probably quite content to get somewhere close to his value and some shitty tie-in for Sports Direct.

Liverpool is a global brand. Take a look at their sponsorship fees. It takes about a decade of playing in Euro and winning things and carting the team around Asia to build a brand. Anyone looking at us will have to spend about a billion to set us up for that kind of gig. With player wages draining money out of clubs you have to finish top 4 a few seasons running to even think about making money. You need to get into the level where the shirt sponsor is paying 30-50m. Think ours is 3.5m iirc.

There is a reason the whole time Ashley has been here there hasn't been one serious bid for the club.

IMO this whole saga is more mind games.

I don't think you're far off with this. I reckon Rafa has probably told him 'one more s*** window and I'm off' and Ashley is desperately trying to get rid of it before the inevitable, hence the very public advert.

He'll want to sell it at the top and, in his view, it's probably there.

I remember when we went down the first time and the rumoured figure was £90m + the debt so he's probably quite content to get somewhere close to his value and some shitty tie-in for Sports Direct.

The 400m or 450m is aspirational and it's something you tell anyone and everyone so you're not negotiating against yourself and I've never for one second believed that price.

I think it's fairly obvious right now that Ashley has taken up whatever counsel he values and everyone has told him that if he decides to hold long term he's going to either have to put more money than the club generates by month (as he seems reluctant to use any bank facilities to finance transfers or defer monthly payments for transfers to spread cost) or he's going to lose Rafa Benitez, deal with another relegation battle, put more money in over what's generated and the value of the club will continue to degrade while his gross investment in the club continues to increase; again he will never get that money back in that scenario.

Finally he also needs to consider that his Buyer pool over the next few months likely turns its attention elsewhere if he doesn't strike a deal, he also will likely be weary of any other economic issues around the world that you can't forsee over the next 6+ months...he simply HAS to do a deal now or he's fucked.

Why can't we just accept that no one knows what the asking price may or may not be except Ashley and those close to him. All these figures are just plucked out of the sky or speculated by journalists who are forced to come up with a story.

Nee fucker really knows anything apart from what was in the official statement the other day and that a decent looking woman who brokers other people's money was at SJP to watch a team she likes  :)

Why can't we just accept that no one knows what the asking price may or may not be except Ashley and those close to him. All these figures are just plucked out of the sky or speculated by journalists who are forced to come up with a story.

Nee fucker really knows anything apart from what was in the official statement the other day and that a decent looking woman who brokers other people's money was at SJP to watch a team she likes  :)

We can accept that, but wild speculation on the internet is fun.