Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Since the ‘for sale’ signs have gone up, journalists have done a superb job of writing lengthy articles that tell us absolutely nothing :lol:

Full of ifs and buts and without any sort of credibility.

:thup: Been noticing that as well, most if not all the articles have been just loads of words about absolutely nothing.

Yep. They all know fuck all but are desperate to write about it :lol:

The Reuters article got me a bit excited mind.

Does read well though that article. She sounds competent for a start. :lol:

Whilst getting Ashley out would obviously be an exciting thing and any new owner could barely be much worse, I'm wary of expecting them to be massively better by default. After all most of us (including me) were similarly ecstatic about Ashley coming in the first place, at that we didn't think anyone could be worse than Shepherd et al.

I think Rafa is a great tool for getting the perspective of the support over to his superiors.  As long as Amanda Staveley is engaged in his philosophy, we’ll be fine.

She was his guest for the Liverpool match by all accounts I've seen. I reckon she will. Just fingers crossed it happens.

Have to admit like, though I'm still very dubious as to what Ashley's true intentions are with all this considering what he's said and done in the past, and the fact we're still very good for the business he actually cares about, there has to be something in this Staveley/PCP thing. Whether it's her idea individually or on behalf of people she's representing, I can't believe that we'd be this far down the line without some sort of denial if there wasn't a genuine interest.

Obviously it started with her attending the Liverpool game but when respected outlets like the FT are reporting on meetings then there's no reason on her behalf to keep the speculation going. We saw yesterday how quickly the Turkish lot denied links to purchasing the club.

Considering the local media seem fairly sure Staveley hasn't signed an NDA, my guess is that they've made outline enquiries and part of that has been to very loosely suggest the kind of money she has to spend on a Premier League club. This has got Ashley's attention and foreseeing Benitez walking out, yet more demonstrations and potentially another relegation on the cards he's decided to see if anyone is serious in his own unique way. There's still a very high chance it'll all come to nothing if and when anyone starts talking to Ashley about his valuation IMO, but I do think there's potential here.

Its the connection to Sports Direct that still worries me, its Ashley's baby and any deal will surely be linked to keeping a Sports Direct connected somehow.

It is definitely different to previous "I want to sell" proclamations by Ashley. There is much more substance here. I'm still cautious though because we all know Ashley does nothing unless there is something in it for him, my head still says he's going to price us out of a takeover. Hopefully though the prospective owners are the types that won't quibble over 40-50 million, if they are of course they would be they would be the types that could inject a real change in our fortunes.

Have to admit like, though I'm still very dubious as to what Ashley's true intentions are with all this considering what he's said and done in the past, and the fact we're still very good for the business he actually cares about, there has to be something in this Staveley/PCP thing. Whether it's her idea individually or on behalf of people she's representing, I can't believe that we'd be this far down the line without some sort of denial if there wasn't a genuine interest.

Obviously it started with her attending the Liverpool game but when respected outlets like the FT are reporting on meetings then there's no reason on her behalf to keep the speculation going. We saw yesterday how quickly the Turkish lot denied links to purchasing the club.

Considering the local media seem fairly sure Staveley hasn't signed an NDA, my guess is that they've made outline enquiries and part of that has been to very loosely suggest the kind of money she has to spend on a Premier League club. This has got Ashley's attention and foreseeing Benitez walking out, yet more demonstrations and potentially another relegation on the cards he's decided to see if anyone is serious in his own unique way. There's still a very high chance it'll all come to nothing if and when anyone starts talking to Ashley about his valuation IMO, but I do think there's potential here.

As you say theirs nothing in it for her to keep the speculation going, infact her reputation for what she does would take a hit if she was seen to be doing so.