Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Ok so go into the season thinking we are s***, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

Brett you got it going on.

:blush:

Guest reefatoon

Ok so go into the season thinking we are s***, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

Nobody's saying everything is great or we don't have problems, it's just nice to think about the positives at times. At the end of the day we're supporters of the club.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185t073h6iqbggif/ku-xlarge.gif

Ok so go into the season thinking we are shit, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

It's not 'too much' for me, although I do think that writing off last season is ridiculous, even more ridiculous than Inochi stating that Pardew's record before he came here counted for nothing. Between the two of you we've got a fucking class manager like. My initial 'sigh' was in response to Ian, purely because he supposedly thinks it's fine to write off last season but not the season before it, just sounds stupid to me.

As for loving the players, I've got a lot of time for most of our lot so I'm not sure where you're going with that one, it's the goon giving them instructions that's spoiling the party.

Nobody's saying everything is great or we don't have problems, it's just nice to think about the positives at times. At the end of the day we're supporters of the club.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185t073h6iqbggif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af36/DatCrazyBlackGuy/familypuke.gif

Guest icemanblue

:lol: I picked a good time to check in on the day's events. Guess my warm ears weren't just from this weather.

I can't even remember saying that, so fair play Venky. That's a great memory. I couldn't trouble you for the context of that comment, could I?

:lol: Hi.

I don't remember the exact context but I seem to remember the conversation was with Mick and it was one of those 'which season is his true ability' discussions. He was saying that his record before he came here wasn't great so we could assume that last season was closer to the truth, you said you didn't care about his record before he came here as it was irrelevant and that you'd judge him solely on what he did as our manager. I was part of the conversation too

Just making up quotes how we think Pardew is a brilliant manager i think. I know i've certainly never said anything as such. Optimism seems to turn into Pardew loving apparently. I'll back him because he's in charge of our current crop and with the standard he has available to choose from i think he'll deliver. By no means does that mean to say he is a brilliant manager, far from. However if you want go along with thinking I think Pards is a mastermind maestro of a manager, feel free.

Ok so go into the season thinking we are shit, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

It's not 'too much' for me, although I do think that writing off last season is ridiculous, even more ridiculous than Inochi stating that Pardew's record before he came here counted for nothing. Between the two of you we've got a fucking class manager like. My initial 'sigh' was in response to Ian, purely because he supposedly thinks it's fine to write off last season but not the season before it, just sounds stupid to me.

As for loving the players, I've got a lot of time for most of our lot so I'm not sure where you're going with that one, it's the goon giving them instructions that's spoiling the party.

I don't think either should be written off, but last season shouldn't be thought of as 'our level' just because it's more recent.

Guest icemanblue

I don't remember the exact context but I seem to remember the conversation was with Mick and it was one of those 'which season is his true ability' discussions. He was saying that his record before he came here wasn't great so we could assume that last season was closer to the truth, you said you didn't care about his record before he came here as it was irrelevant and that you'd judge him solely on what he did as our manager. I was part of the conversation too

:lol: I was just shitting you, but fair play for remembering that too!

I think I remember that now, though. Sounds like the kind of devilishly handsome and suave things I would say. 

I think I remember that now, though. Sounds like the kind of devilishly handsome and suave things I would say. 

FWIW, I'm in no way 'dragging' up these posts of yours to try and prove anything btw, just that this conversation did actually happen, and that I wasn't making it up.

Mick - His CV suggests that last season wasn't the norm, why should we go through another season like this one to find out what we already know?

Inochi - I don't care about his CV, mate. I'll make my own judgement.

Mick - I don't think you can ignore the past just because it wasn't with us, he has a history and he's repeating it here.  Even our good season was more down to results than performances.  You don't have to make every mistake possible in life, you can see others make them and learn from them.

Inochi - Right, fair enough, you don't have to ignore it. I'm not pretending to not at least be aware of it, but I obviously don't think it has as much of a bearing on what wi happen here. I've made my judgements on him based on his time here, that won't change.

Just making up quotes how we think Pardew is a brilliant manager i think.

See above.

I know i've certainly never said anything as such.

I didn't say you had, in fact I explicitly stated who had said it.

Optimism seems to turn into Pardew loving apparently. I'll back him because he's in charge of our current crop and with the standard he has available to choose from i think he'll deliver. By no means does that mean to say he is a brilliant manager, far from.

I didn't say anything about Pardew loving, I was merely pointing out that it's two sides of the same coin, and that anyone can 'sigh' at either side of the discussion. My reasons for thinking we'll have an underwhelming season are based on last season and Pardew's average record before he was our manager.

However if you want go along with thinking I think Pards is a mastermind maestro of a manager, feel free.

That's just a straw man, and a shit one.

Guest icemanblue

FWIW, I'm in no way 'dragging' up these posts of yours to try and prove anything btw, just that this conversation did actually happen, and that I wasn't making it up.

Mick - His CV suggests that last season wasn't the norm, why should we go through another season like this one to find out what we already know?

Inochi - I don't care about his CV, mate. I'll make my own judgement.

Mick - I don't think you can ignore the past just because it wasn't with us, he has a history and he's repeating it here.  Even our good season was more down to results than performances.  You don't have to make every mistake possible in life, you can see others make them and learn from them.

Inochi - Right, fair enough, you don't have to ignore it. I'm not pretending to not at least be aware of it, but I obviously don't think it has as much of a bearing on what wi happen here. I've made my judgements on him based on his time here, that won't change.

Nah, I didn't think you were anyway, it's no bother. I stand by what I said, like. I am judging him on his time here, and he's not doing very well. I don't have a great amount of belief that he'll spectacularly turn it around or anything, but I hope he does or even comes close. That's simply because he's our best current bet, and his failure would likely result in something far worse.

Just making up quotes how we think Pardew is a brilliant manager i think.

See above.

I know i've certainly never said anything as such.

I didn't say you had, in fact I explicitly stated who had said it.

Optimism seems to turn into Pardew loving apparently. I'll back him because he's in charge of our current crop and with the standard he has available to choose from i think he'll deliver. By no means does that mean to say he is a brilliant manager, far from.

I didn't say anything about Pardew loving, I was merely pointing out that it's two sides of the same coin, and that anyone can 'sigh' at either side of the discussion. My reasons for thinking we'll have an underwhelming season are based on last season and Pardew's average record before he was our manager.

However if you want go along with thinking I think Pards is a mastermind maestro of a manager, feel free.

That's just a straw man, and a s*** one.

:lol: Lets agree to disagree and wait for the season to start. Top 8...In Pards I Trust  :pow:

Can you have a straw man against an original straw man? I love the term anyway.

What are you on about now?

One person makes up (for example) that someone else thinks that Pardew is brilliant, then that person makes up something else about the opposite position. Vintage stuff.

One person makes up (for example) that someone else thinks that Pardew is brilliant, then that person makes up something else about the opposite position. Vintage stuff.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

Don't worry your pretty little head.

Couldn't be arsed to check if this had been posted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/is-newcastle-united-owner-mike-ashley-the-best-boss-in-the-world-8721153.html

Get the impression he still massively resents the fans for singing songs about him (been mentioned many times before from people close to him)

What he might do, though, if you get enough beers in him, is regale you with some of the less polite chants about him from the terraces of St James’s Park. Says a colleague: “The one I’ve heard him sing goes something like “Give us back our club you cockney c***”. The anti-Semitic ones make him laugh too, because, contrary to belief on Tyneside, he’s not even Jewish.”

I've never heard any anti-Semitic chants about Mike Ashley (or anyone else) at St James' before. Where did they get that from? Is it's something to do with him supposedly being a Spurs fan and their politically incorrect nickname? If so, I've never heard that sung either.

He got a load of abuse after the Keegan fiasco, and I don't think he has forgotten that in any way as alexf says. I'v never heard any insults directed at him that isn't to do with his size however or where he's from. Thems the two.